City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Haven't we always had the problem with early leavers.
Not like it is a new thing.
Most grounds are the same,West Ham was terrible yesterday.
The tram system had it for me unless I'm staying over.
I'm quicker walking into town than waiting on a tram.

We should merge this with the atmosphere thread and rename it the "shit fans" thread.

Serious mentality problem with City fans these days, i've even noticed it with my own friends and family. It's rife, whether people like it or not, and the leave on 80 minutes club, along with the general shite atmosphere, is all part of the same underlying issue. People blame ticket prices, but you're already in the ground, so completely irrelevant to atmosphere. Then, ironically, people leave 10 minutes early. You might get value for your money if you watched the whole game. Doesn't make sense.

I don't know if it's the price of success, but the mentality of the majority has changed. Saw both Pep and KdB trying to 'gee up' the crowd yesterday, but all I see is fans more arsed about drinking pre/post match, turning up late, leaving 5 mins before HT, returning late, leaving early. To be honest, the time they are in their seat, the majority don't understand what the fuck the manager is trying to do anyway and all I hear from them is "just get rid of it".

Love City, love watching City, but being on the terraces is shite these days.

Love the passion in this post and whilst it's everyone's prerogative to do what they please surely as true city fans getting behind the team, turning up and staying to the end to help the players should be a given, especially under the current circumstances when it appears that the world and its mother want City/Pep to fail. I couldn't leave early no matter what and had to be asked to leave by a steward after a match on one occasion as the stadium was empty lol I know-sad lok

Love the passion in this post and whilst it's everyone's prerogative to do what they please surely as true city fans getting behind the team, turning up and staying to the end to help the players should be a given, especially under the current circumstances when it appears that the world and its mother want City/Pep to fail. I couldn't leave early no matter what and had to be asked to leave by a steward after a match on one occasion as the stadium was empty lol I know-sad lok

Couldn't agree more; I am sure that there are loads of excuses; but it might just be me being a tight northerner and wanting to get my money's worth but I cannot understand wanting to leave early especially in such a tight game yesterday when the team needed our support

Surely a rousing chorus of the old chant "part-time supporters" as people started to leave is needed ? But then again, you would need fans to chant...

Once people find an excuse to leave early they get in a routine and it becomes a habit. I just think to myself "where are you all going ?" It's up to them to choose to leave early but I love it when we score a late goal, even better if it's the winner. We're up there with the worst for leaving early in big numbers.

Never seen the point and you can tell the players and Pep are not best pleased at all the empty seats at the end

Yep as someone has said I play it by ear
If we're were 4-0 up v Burnley I'd have left about 85 mins
As it was I stayed till the end

Said to PB at the game yesterday, it was a tense game why the hell were people streaming out early, I can't get my head around it and never will if getting out of the car park is a problem there are plenty of other places to park granted you may have to walk, sadly we fight to the end but some of us won't stay for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.