The Sun is now supporting Cameron

Danish Blue said:
bronco said:
3 weeks ago "dave" looked a cert to be next pm , however this current world wide economic crisis has been a blessing for brown - people have woken up to the fact that the "credit crunch " in the uk is not (entirely) his fault ?

of course its not entirely his fault, in fact its got very little to do with him, but then neither did the period of economic boom beforehand for which he was all too happy to associate himself.

No return to boom and bust

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.power-to-the-people.co.uk/2008/09/gordon-brown-return-tory-boom/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://www.power-to-the-people.co.uk/20 ... tory-boom/</a>

NQT said:
Danish Blue said:
bronco said:
3 weeks ago "dave" looked a cert to be next pm , however this current world wide economic crisis has been a blessing for brown - people have woken up to the fact that the "credit crunch " in the uk is not (entirely) his fault ?

of course its not entirely his fault, in fact its got very little to do with him, but then neither did the period of economic boom beforehand for which he was all too happy to associate himself.

No return to boom and bust

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.power-to-the-people.co.uk/2008/09/gordon-brown-return-tory-boom/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://www.power-to-the-people.co.uk/20 ... tory-boom/</a>

lets be fair though - when brown promised their would be an end to boom and bust ,he has been partially succesful ? - he has abolished boom !

England did not vote Brown in and England will not vote Brown, or the Labour Party, in. The man is a liability. He should sit in the Scottish Assembly voting on Scottish issues that affect Scottish people - if they'll have him.

And the Taxman should take that feckin Union Jack down at number 10 seeing as his party has presided over the political break up of our Union and the implementation of Health and Education policies in Scotland and Wales that the English are apparently not entitled to, despite paying the highest taxes on record for shitty 'public services' that mostly don't actually exist any more.

What do these people actually do for us apart from tax the living daylights out of us for fewer and fewer services? The whole political structure is antiquated and needs to be completely overhauled, modernised and trimmed.

I'd prefer it if there were other truly democratic options but in the absence of them then change is the best that we can hope for and Cameron is the only viable option. Not that it will make much difference.......

Balti said:
England did not vote Brown in and England will not vote Brown, or the Labour Party, in. The man is a liability. He should sit in the Scottish Assembly voting on Scottish issues that affect Scottish people - if they'll have him.

And the Taxman should take that feckin Union Jack down at number 10 seeing as his party has presided over the political break up of our Union and the implementation of Health and Education policies in Scotland and Wales that the English are apparently not entitled to, despite paying the highest taxes on record for shitty 'public services' that mostly don't actually exist any more.

What do these people actually do for us apart from tax the living daylights out of us for fewer and fewer services? The whole political structure is antiquated and needs to be completely overhauled, modernised and trimmed.

I'd prefer it if there were other truly democratic options but in the absence of them then change is the best that we can hope for and Cameron is the only viable option. Not that it will make much difference.......

As much as I feel shafted by New Labour, I will never vote for the Tories. They are evil.

Balti said:

Perhaps it's just because there are fewer people living in Scotland than in England, and we can afford to do things like free prescriptions etc up there.

Do people not remember the 80s? And if the do, how can they even consider voting for the Tories?

BingoBango said:
Balti said:

Perhaps it's just because there are fewer people living in Scotland than in England, and we can afford to do things like free prescriptions etc up there.

Do people not remember the 80s? And if the do, how can they even consider voting for the Tories?

Not only did they instigate the miners strike and the Poll Tax, the c*unts even made it illegal to dance in a field off-yer-tits with your mates. I'll never forgive those bastards.

Swales lives said:
BingoBango said:
Balti said:

Not only did they instigate the miners strike and the Poll Tax, the c*unts even made it illegal to dance in a field off-yer-tits with your mates. I'll never forgive those bastards.

I could go on at length ranting about the bastardry of the Tory party, but I fear my head would explode in a bile-filled rage.

BingoBango said:
Balti said:

absolutely spot on - the only people with happy memories of the tories in power during the 80,s and 90,s are the handful of business people who made a great deal of money, usually at the expense of their down trodden workforce whom they were legally allowed (by tory abolition of union powers ) to treat like dirt , they changed the landscape of this country for ever and i personally hold them responsible for the social underclass that infest our towns and cities these days . i had a chuckle to myself this week when "dave" was quoted as saying - they were going to fix broken britain ? IT WAS THOSE BASTARDS WHO BROKE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE !

I'm not suprised, Cameron's speech sounded like something of the John Gaunt show. When I watched it all I heard was,"I will end political correctness"..."horay good sport", " I hate Human Rights"...."oh yes the are a bugger these human rights" etc. It was an hour of nothingness popularist bollocks. The guy is spin doctor worse than Blair, Brown to his credit is either really shit at it or just doesn't bother with it. I know who I'd rather have in charge at the moment and I don't even support Labour.

bronco said:
absolutely spot on - the only people with happy memories of the tories in power during the 80,s and 90,s are the handful of business people who made a great deal of money, usually at the expense of their down trodden workforce whom they were legally allowed (by tory abolition of union powers ) to treat like dirt , they changed the landscape of this country for ever and i personally hold them responsible for the social underclass that infest our towns and cities these days . i had a chuckle to myself this week when "dave" was quoted as saying - they were going to fix broken britain ? IT WAS THOSE BASTARDS WHO BROKE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE !

Britain broke in the 70's. Remember images like these?

strike.jpg

That's why Thatcher got in. Too powerful Unions who wouldn't even listen to the Labour party.
The Unions and the far left were totally to blame for the way the 80's went as Thatcher was the only way out for the country.
Oh, and what was Labours answer to Thatcher?......... They made this bloke their leader

_41034307_foot_ap203.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.