The support this season!

W W

worsleyweb

Think this warrants a thread to discuss what we need to do to improve as fans. Last few seasons the home support has been well down on the standards we reached when we first won the prem.

Think the mood is very good this pre season and we seem up for it.

I think we need to show patience in each game and not get on the players backs when we are facing park the bus teams. Even if we are struggling to break teams down we have to turn the etihad into a fortress again.

And please everyone stay until at least the 85th minute!! I know for a fact this was a huge bug bear of Peps and we need to support our team to the title! And if you can't make a game - pass your ticket on!

In the words of delia - come on let's be having you!

What we need is safe standing and all the people who sing in one area. As for leaving early, it annoys the shit out of me that it takes 70 minutes to get back to Prestwich but I always stay to the end. Why? Gillingham and QPR games spring to mind.

i have to say that this is something that has really concerned me for along time. When the Sheik came along, it was like winning the lottery. Suddenly astonishing players started arriving by the coach load and City fans could not believe their luck. But whilst support did grow (I am not bothered by the tourists and all new support is good), it was very apparent that after a while, there was a real almost arrogance from many parts of the ground. Once we started winning a few trophies, when the results were not going our way or the team had an off game, the support was generally terrible.
I remember really well when we played Poznan and their supporters nearly knocked the stadium down with their support and for a while, whilst we 'borrowed' their Poznan, which did create a great atmosphere, there were not many home games which felt like they were bursting at the seams with atmosphere.
For me, as a supporter of 40 years plus, the last 8+ years have been a life changing experience, quite literally. Even now, seeing the likes of David Silva and Yaya ploughing their trade for our entertainment, is beyond words, good or bad performance.
I am not saying by any means, as supporters, we are the worst. Many premiership grounds are dead from the waist up but with the leg up we have had as a club in the last 8 years, we should be rocking at the seams every single home game and not a spare seat to be seen. IMO the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Everton (shit hole ground!), Newcastle, Crystal Palace always seem to be rocking home grounds and really get behind their team, whatever the game is like. But most disappointing in terms of atmosphere, has been the Champions League matches. With the odd exception (like the win against Barca), it has been a real let down in terms of home fan support. we are now regulars in the CL, but think back 5+ years and it was never even a remote possibility of making the CL, let alone the Europa league on a regular basis. We are now witnessing the best teams and players in the world coming to our ground during the CL and for whatever reason, cannot seem to build up the atmosphere and backing for our lads. I know the English are supposed to be somewhat reserved, but it can be embarrassing.
This season will see the kind of side which every other team on the planet will envy, backed by undoubtedly the most dynamic manager the premiership has ever seen and if we cannot get right up for every single home game, with not a single spare seat, screaming our heads off, then all our haters have every right to criticise us. Last season, having Pep was beyond words and sadly, he was right when he said he was surprised by the 'lack of atmosphere' at our ground.
Anyway, moan finished. Even as a 54 year old, balding, fat long time supporter, I for one will be giving it large at every home game and shouting the house down.

What we need is to stop being such entitled fuckwits more keen on drinking beer and beating traffic.

That alone would go an awful long way to improving atmosphere.

Fear i'm staring up the arse of a dead dog with that suggestion, though.

i have to say that this is something that has really concerned me for along time. When the Sheik came along, it was like winning the lottery. Suddenly astonishing players started arriving by the coach load and City fans could not believe their luck. But whilst support did grow (I am not bothered by the tourists and all new support is good), it was very apparent that after a while, there was a real almost arrogance from many parts of the ground. Once we started winning a few trophies, when the results were not going our way or the team had an off game, the support was generally terrible.
I remember really well when we played Poznan and their supporters nearly knocked the stadium down with their support and for a while, whilst we 'borrowed' their Poznan, which did create a great atmosphere, there were not many home games which felt like they were bursting at the seams with atmosphere.
For me, as a supporter of 40 years plus, the last 8+ years have been a life changing experience, quite literally. Even now, seeing the likes of David Silva and Yaya ploughing their trade for our entertainment, is beyond words, good or bad performance.
I am not saying by any means, as supporters, we are the worst. Many premiership grounds are dead from the waist up but with the leg up we have had as a club in the last 8 years, we should be rocking at the seams every single home game and not a spare seat to be seen. IMO the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Everton (shit hole ground!), Newcastle, Crystal Palace always seem to be rocking home grounds and really get behind their team, whatever the game is like. But most disappointing in terms of atmosphere, has been the Champions League matches. With the odd exception (like the win against Barca), it has been a real let down in terms of home fan support. we are now regulars in the CL, but think back 5+ years and it was never even a remote possibility of making the CL, let alone the Europa league on a regular basis. We are now witnessing the best teams and players in the world coming to our ground during the CL and for whatever reason, cannot seem to build up the atmosphere and backing for our lads. I know the English are supposed to be somewhat reserved, but it can be embarrassing.
This season will see the kind of side which every other team on the planet will envy, backed by undoubtedly the most dynamic manager the premiership has ever seen and if we cannot get right up for every single home game, with not a single spare seat, screaming our heads off, then all our haters have every right to criticise us. Last season, having Pep was beyond words and sadly, he was right when he said he was surprised by the 'lack of atmosphere' at our ground.
Anyway, moan finished. Even as a 54 year old, balding, fat long time supporter, I for one will be giving it large at every home game and shouting the house down.
+1 to most of this. The only thing I disagree with is Evertons shithole ground.... I think Everton is a proper old ground with a proper old intimate atmosphere. If the Etihad had Evertons atmosphere it would be far more like the old days.

I like this attitude but as usual someone will come along and tell you that they are hurt by your criticism(a nice way of putting it) and you are wrong to want to improve it, citing other big clubs which are just as bad. Let people discuss it for once without any over defensiveness, let others who do care at least try and come together and exchange ideas, why not aim to be the best?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.