The Torino - Man City link....

Met a few of there fans at the Juve away game. To say the were game was quite a understatement and just wanted to join up and have a scrap with Juve fans. They hung around the two pubs City fans were in the day before the game and on the day.

Yeah. I live in Turin and I can confirm they've never really got beyond all that. A few of them are "game", but in the main they're just a bunch of posturing fuckwits. Mainly they like a uniform, and being an ultra is precisely that. Shame; Toro as an institution deserves a good deal better.

skyblue1894 said:
levets said:
Corky said:
There is none.

Just because a couple of fans make a flag doesn't mean anything.

No more than we have a link with Wigan.

Not entirely correct. In 1992 we had a pre season tour of Italy and one of the games was Torino. prior to the tour, Torino fans sent a load of info on their club, lots of photographs, a load of common phrases (including chants against Juve)..

We had a coach from the Chadderton Arms and met up with some of their fans; if there was no official link, there was certainly an unofficial link.

Great memories of that trip & recall seeing a quality Toro midfielder by the name of Enzo Scifo (Belgian International) playing in their side. I've still got some Italian newspaper report of the game boxed up somewhere in the attic. The biggest suprise though was the welcome of the Verona fans though after getting told more than once by the locals in that Lake Garda town that they were the Millwall of Italy! They just wanted to swap things for City badges.

The coach coming back was a sight for sore eyes after 10 days on the lash!

I did both the Verona and Torino games. The night match at Verona took the local police by surprise at the number of City fans that turned up for a pre season friendly.
As for the Torino game, that was played at Pinzolo, way up in the mountains. It was a training ground with no stands, just embankments to stand/sit on. Think there was a makeshift scaffold stand. Again the number of fans swamped this tiny mountain town. I have somewhere, a match poster I removed from the town hall wall.

We drove from Turin to Pinzolo (in the Dolomites - a very long way) to see Lakey's big comeback. He was sat on the bench with his knee the size of a watermelon...

I went on this trip i would of been 9yr old 2 coaches from chaddy arms my old man organised the trip, stayed at lake garda, played torino at a training pitch in the mountains it was rammed with city, me n our kid got to go in the changing room to meet the team. One of the best trips i went on even if it took ages to get their.

Torino's 3rd kit this year is a tribute to the links with us, according to this Italian football shirt blog

http://www.passionemaglie.it/2013/07/maglie-torino-2013-2014-kappa-presentate-bormio/

rB05Cdq.png

Like that where can I buy having trouble finding it gigastore etc like it without sponsor

Strange...

BostonUnited-44.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iUX01iOgm8[/youtube]

F-CUM and some Torino fans seem to have a thing going. I know I'm being presumptuous here but it looks like with some of their ultras at least because his shirt says "Ultras" on it.

P.S 0:09 on that video...

post-16111-Jim-Carrey-jaw-drop-tongue-out-LRSp.gif

After some further digging, it turns out those fickle shits who "deserted" their club to form a new one got bored of just supporting their new "club" so decided to follow a "lesser known club from another league" as well and they chose Torino - some Torino fans found out and apparently "liked" what F-cum stood for (Fickle Cocks United of Manchester).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.