The Tottenham Thread 12/13

GHoddle said:
stony said:
Just had a quick look on Glory Glory and a little bit of giddiness is creeping in. Someone actually thinks they will finish about both us and Utd. He actually thinks we won't make top 4. I know we have a new manager, but I think he's being a tad unrealistic.

Interesting to see a few think Arsenal will be in with a shout for the title too. Is this just a fearing your nearest rivals thing, are people reading too much into the possible disruption of new managers at City/rags/Chelsea or are they just idiots?

I can't see Spurs getting top 4, even if they do keep Bale and Arsenal will not be challenging for the title any time soon. Not unless they really splash the cash this summer.

Whatever happens, next season is going to be fascinating. I can't wait for it to start already.

Imo I think Chelsea and City are the only certainties to finish in the top 4. Yes we are used to United being there but who knows what they will become next season. Remember they are replacing one of the greatest managers ever with Moyes. I'd be very surprised if they came anywhere close to what they achieved last season with the squad they currently have. God knows how they got 89 points - no quality wingers besides Nani who rarely played - Valencia and Young were terrible, lack of quality in central midfield, Carrick is the only decent one then you have Cleverley, Anderson, and Giggs. The only top class CB is Vidic and he was out for a long part of the season, Ferdinand is old and then there's Evans, Jones, and Smalling. Rafael is top class, De Gea is pretty good, and Evra is good attacking but not great defensively. Obviously though they have an excellent strike force but as I see it they lack quality everywhere else on the pitch. Ferguson had them massively overachieving imo. I actually think Arsenal's team is better on paper.

Whether Arsenal can challenge for the title depends on whether they invest this summer I'd say. They would need 3-4 quality signings to do so, and same with Spurs imo. I'd say if we could sign Villa, Damaio, Bernard, and Belhanda we could be up there as well. Who knows though if Levy will finally do what's required.
As much as I'd love for you to be right about United I just don't see them struggling to make the top 4. For me the top 3 will be City, United and Chelsea, although not necessarily in that order. 4th will be a crap shoot between Spurs and Arsenal, and at this stage it's hard to pick the winner. Spurs need to address squad weaknesses before they can be a legitimate top 4 side. I don't see Spurs or Arsenal as having any chance at all of winning the title.

With the changes made after the June 2013 player contract adjustments, the current cost of our squad to assemble is now £126,900,000...

Jermain Defoe £15,000,000
Mousa Dembele £15,000,000
Hugo Lloris £11,800,000
Jan Vertonghen £9,000,000
Gareth Bale £7,500,000
Heurelho Gomes £7,000,000
Gylfi Sigurdsson £6,800,000
Kyle Naughton £6,000,000
Sandro £6,000,000
Clint Dempsey £6,000,000
Scott Parker £5,000,000
Emmanuel Adebayor £5,000,000
Younes Kaboul £4,000,000
Kyle Walker £4,000,000
Michael Dawson £3,500,000
Benoit Assou-Ekotto £3,500,000
Zeki Fryers £3,000,000
Tom Huddlestone £2,000,000
Souleymane Coulibaly £2,000,000
Lewis Holtby £1,500,000
Bongani Khumalo £1,500,000
Danny Rose £1,000,000
Aaron Lennon £800,000
Andros Townsend £0
Jon Obika £0
Ryan Mason £0
Adam Smith £0
Jake Livermore £0
Steven Caulker £0
Brad Friedel £0
Harry Kane £0
Tom Carroll £0
Kevin Stewart £0
Alex Pritchard £0
Ryan Fredericks £0
Jordan Archer £0
Massimo Luongo £0
Grant Hall £0
Cameron Lancaster £0
Cristian Ceballos £0
Iago Falque £0?
Giancarlo Gallifuoco £0
Shaquile Coulthirst £0
Lawrence Vigouroux £0

TOTAL AMOUNT £126,900,000
TOTAL PLAYERS 44
AVERAGE TRANSFER FEE £2,884,091

THFC6061 said:
With the changes made after the June 2013 player contract adjustments, the current cost of our squad to assemble is now £126,900,000...

Jermain Defoe £15,000,000
Mousa Dembele £15,000,000
Hugo Lloris £11,800,000
Jan Vertonghen £9,000,000
Gareth Bale £7,500,000
Heurelho Gomes £7,000,000
Gylfi Sigurdsson £6,800,000
Kyle Naughton £6,000,000
Sandro £6,000,000
Clint Dempsey £6,000,000
Scott Parker £5,000,000
Emmanuel Adebayor £5,000,000
Younes Kaboul £4,000,000
Kyle Walker £4,000,000
Michael Dawson £3,500,000
Benoit Assou-Ekotto £3,500,000
Zeki Fryers £3,000,000
Tom Huddlestone £2,000,000
Souleymane Coulibaly £2,000,000
Lewis Holtby £1,500,000
Bongani Khumalo £1,500,000
Danny Rose £1,000,000
Aaron Lennon £800,000
Andros Townsend £0
Jon Obika £0
Ryan Mason £0
Adam Smith £0
Jake Livermore £0
Steven Caulker £0
Brad Friedel £0
Harry Kane £0
Tom Carroll £0
Kevin Stewart £0
Alex Pritchard £0
Ryan Fredericks £0
Jordan Archer £0
Massimo Luongo £0
Grant Hall £0
Cameron Lancaster £0
Cristian Ceballos £0
Iago Falque £0?
Giancarlo Gallifuoco £0
Shaquile Coulthirst £0
Lawrence Vigouroux £0

TOTAL PLAYERS 44

Lol you're obsessed with net spend and average transfer fee. Dress it how you want the fact remains you've spent a fortune and won nothing. In fact is there another team that has spent so much for so little success? Liverpool and Newcastle maybe.

THFC6061 said:
TOTAL PLAYERS 44

You should buy another 44 players on Bosman's.

That way your average transfer fee will only be £1,442,045.50 which will be a much greater financial achievement.

Matty said:
GHoddle said:
stony said:
Just had a quick look on Glory Glory and a little bit of giddiness is creeping in. Someone actually thinks they will finish about both us and Utd. He actually thinks we won't make top 4. I know we have a new manager, but I think he's being a tad unrealistic.

Interesting to see a few think Arsenal will be in with a shout for the title too. Is this just a fearing your nearest rivals thing, are people reading too much into the possible disruption of new managers at City/rags/Chelsea or are they just idiots?

I can't see Spurs getting top 4, even if they do keep Bale and Arsenal will not be challenging for the title any time soon. Not unless they really splash the cash this summer.

Whatever happens, next season is going to be fascinating. I can't wait for it to start already.

Imo I think Chelsea and City are the only certainties to finish in the top 4. Yes we are used to United being there but who knows what they will become next season. Remember they are replacing one of the greatest managers ever with Moyes. I'd be very surprised if they came anywhere close to what they achieved last season with the squad they currently have. God knows how they got 89 points - no quality wingers besides Nani who rarely played - Valencia and Young were terrible, lack of quality in central midfield, Carrick is the only decent one then you have Cleverley, Anderson, and Giggs. The only top class CB is Vidic and he was out for a long part of the season, Ferdinand is old and then there's Evans, Jones, and Smalling. Rafael is top class, De Gea is pretty good, and Evra is good attacking but not great defensively. Obviously though they have an excellent strike force but as I see it they lack quality everywhere else on the pitch. Ferguson had them massively overachieving imo. I actually think Arsenal's team is better on paper.

Whether Arsenal can challenge for the title depends on whether they invest this summer I'd say. They would need 3-4 quality signings to do so, and same with Spurs imo. I'd say if we could sign Villa, Damaio, Bernard, and Belhanda we could be up there as well. Who knows though if Levy will finally do what's required.
As much as I'd love for you to be right about United I just don't see them struggling to make the top 4. For me the top 3 will be City, United and Chelsea, although not necessarily in that order. 4th will be a crap shoot between Spurs and Arsenal, and at this stage it's hard to pick the winner. Spurs need to address squad weaknesses before they can be a legitimate top 4 side. I don't see Spurs or Arsenal as having any chance at all of winning the title.

Dippers still reckon it's definitely "their year"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Times hack suggesting that PSG want AVB
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
I am now reliably informed (as in have treble checked the Sky Italia story) that PSG have been in touch with AVB's people.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Matty said:
GHoddle said:

Dippers still reckon it's definitely "their year"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their year for being shite again..

unexpected item said:
Times hack suggesting that PSG want AVB
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
I am now reliably informed (as in have treble checked the Sky Italia story) that PSG have been in touch with AVB's people.

Ah that's why Mancini is buying a house in London ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.