The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhineland said:
GHoddle said:
I certainly didn't expect to win this game anyway, in fact I'm astounded that we even won at Old Trafford, since clearly we're trying to implement an entirely different style of play with many new players. It's hard enough to play against a top quality team that has had years of stability and practice playing the same way, but playing away makes it even more difficult. I'm sure it will be a more even match at WHL later in the season.

A more even match? 100+ million spent and you don't ask for more?! Tottenham's season could well be over already by then: League Cup - out, FA-Cup - out, European Cup - Eastenders, PL - oh well, THIS was Tottenham's chance and arguebly their biggest match of the season (Sherwood: "Forget Old Trafford, Arsenal is the match that everyone wants to win" or something along that line) to keep some hope alive and put a dent in Arsenal's good run and they just bottled it.

To take a page out of THFC6061's playbook, we had a negative net spend. So it's not like we emptied the bank account to buy a bunch of new players, we happened to sell one of the best players in the world so it's not surprising that it set us back. I think we still have a better overall team now though. Arsenal actually spent 40 million in the window to buy a world class player.

All I really care about is the league anyway, we wouldn't win the FA cup or COC.

GHoddle said:
Crouchinho said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Thought Spurs were ok, they're injuries are possibly the worst in the league atm, Sherwood, to his credit is playing attacking football.

11 players out through injury! No excuse for yesterdays match though. Arsenal were a lot better. Spurs hardly seemed fired up for it which was surprising, it was still a pretty strong team put out.

I hope City get to play Arsenal in the cup and thrash them again!

Well it's an improvement on getting thrashed by Liverpool at home lol.

I'm still positive about our chances this season, and I like the style of play under Sherwood better. It also yields more room for improvement if Sherwood, Ferdinand, and Ramsey are able to coach the team to take the right shape and make the right movements on the counter. I think this team would have a lot of potential -

Lloris
Walker-Vlad-Verts-Rose
Lamela-Paulinho-Dembele-Eriksen
Soldado-Adebayor

Noting that Lamela hasn't really earned his place in the team yet, and that Sandro could start over one of Paulinho and Dembele in midfield.

I think we pretty obviously need a left back and another forward, but besides that I think we have a good squad and still think we could finish in 4th this season if it goes well.

I'd always like to see Sandro in the first team and I'd probably drop Dembele. I love the bloke but it's as if something holds him back around the 25 yard box. We've seen what he can do against Lyon and Stoke but he doesn't do it enough for me

-- Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:56 am --

Rhineland said:
GHoddle said:
I certainly didn't expect to win this game anyway, in fact I'm astounded that we even won at Old Trafford, since clearly we're trying to implement an entirely different style of play with many new players. It's hard enough to play against a top quality team that has had years of stability and practice playing the same way, but playing away makes it even more difficult. I'm sure it will be a more even match at WHL later in the season.

A more even match? 100+ million spent and you don't ask for more?! Tottenham's season could well be over already by then: League Cup - out, FA-Cup - out, European Cup - Eastenders, PL - oh well, THIS was Tottenham's chance and arguebly their biggest match of the season (Sherwood: "Forget Old Trafford, Arsenal is the match that everyone wants to win" or something along that line) to keep some hope alive and put a dent in Arsenal's good run and they just bottled it.

I wouldn't say we bottled it at all. We just weren't good enough and Arsenal were better. That wasn't our biggest game of the season by a long shot.

I absolutley love the FA cup but we haven't won it for twenty years, so I'm not sure how it became our biggest game of the whole season!<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:59 am --<br /><br />
Crouchinho said:
Thought Spurs were ok, they're injuries are possibly the worst in the league atm, Sherwood, to his credit is playing attacking football.

11 players out through injury! No excuse for yesterdays match though. Arsenal were a lot better. Spurs hardly seemed fired up for it which was surprising, it was still a pretty strong team put out.

I hope City get to play Arsenal in the cup and thrash them again!

hard to beat that Arsenal team though with your injuries, you still had a couple of chances, although I'm still not convinced by Soldado, Eriksen looks very good.

Although he isn't scoring he's impressed me with some of his lovely passes and skill lately. There is a lot more to his game than just a finisher. I thought he'd kick on from the Villa game but it's still not going for him. I worry more about Lamela than Soldado right now. Agree with you about Eriksen too, it's nice for him to have a run of games

I still think it's great that spurs can no longer patronise city fans like they used to

Singing shit like "always look on the bright side of life de de de de de de de."

Sing it to yourselves now do you?

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/erik-lamela-wants-to-quit-tottenham-in-january-reveals-father-jose-lamela-4253483/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/erik-lame ... a-4253483/</a>

Ohhhhh dear..

Some interesting comments on Spurs boards regarding our match last night. Quite a few spurs fans saying they were glad W,Ham beat them in the previous round so they didn't have to play us last night.
You know you're doing well when someone would take a loss against their cross city rivals than face you. Bit defeatist though, don't you think ? I don't think I'd ever want the rags to beat us under any circumstances.

Heard that Kyle Walker had tweeted that West Ham were given a football lesson last night. Not the greatest comment for Spurs fans to stomach I think.

TonyM said:
Heard that Kyle Walker had tweeted that West Ham were given a football lesson last night. Not the greatest comment for Spurs fans to stomach I think.

He did, but he also followed it up with:

Sometimes u have to take your hat off to good football!! Wasn't a dig!! Anyone who goes there is going to find it hard just as we did!

He's clearly an idiot, it has been proven before but I think he's just saying what everyone else was thinking.

MCFC-alan88 said:
TonyM said:

He did, but he also followed it up with:

Sometimes u have to take your hat off to good football!! Wasn't a dig!! Anyone who goes there is going to find it hard just as we did!

He's clearly an idiot, it has been proven before but I think he's just saying what everyone else was thinking.

That's fair enough. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.