The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
Some interesting comments on Spurs boards regarding our match last night. Quite a few spurs fans saying they were glad W,Ham beat them in the previous round so they didn't have to play us last night.
You know you're doing well when someone would take a loss against their cross city rivals than face you. Bit defeatist though, don't you think ? I don't think I'd ever want the rags to beat us under any circumstances.
A few on SadCafe want to lose to Sunderland!!!

I wanted to get to the next round but I can see why they're saying it. City put 6 past Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham and scored 4 v United at home. We're just starting a mini revival so that could have crushed us a bit. I don't think many teams fancy playing City away right now

Crouchinho said:
I wanted to get to the next round but I can see why they're saying it. City put 6 past Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham and scored 4 v United at home. We're just starting a mini revival so that could have crushed us a bit. I don't think many teams fancy playing City away right now

Exactly. I'd be more concerned with someone who did want to come to the Etihad. When you're trying to get a foothold back in the league to get fourth a trip to ours is just about the last thing you need.

We are thrilled, for our club and for our fans, with the opportunity to bring a global football superstar like Jermain Defoe to Toronto FC. We promised our fans in October that building a winning club was our top priority and we scoured the globe to find the right players to fulfill that promise. Right from the beginning of this process, Jermain Defoe was the top player on our list and we got our man.

Off Sky Sports.

Ffs just fuck off Defoe you poncy faced ****.

I can't stand the twat and his very limited skill set being blown out of proportion by the media anymore.
I hope they smack a puck into his achingly punchable face.

Fuck off and fuck off

TCIB said:

I can't stand the twat and his very limited skill set being blown out of proportion by the media anymore.

Fuck off and fuck off
Not a fan then?

TCIB said:

Fuck off and fuck off
I think his Dad aka Darren Lewis is going to be upset about this move as it fecks up his usual Talkshite wankathon over him, which is odd as he's meant to be a Liverpool fan.

Defoe seems get rated very high by a lot of neutrals but he's a very limited striker. It surprises me the amount of people that say he should be in our team but he's rarely produced the goods on a consistent basis.

His movement is pretty good and he likes to play on the shoulder, even though he gives Inzaghi a run for money being offside every 3 minutes. His finishing is very poor for me, he just smacks the ball as hard as he can and hopes for the best. I've rarely ever seen him place a shot or do little dinks over a goalie. When it pulls off it looks fantastic, but if he misses it ends up bouncing off the goalie or into row Z. 25 league goals in 4 seasons is pretty poor reading, with the amount of chances he gets and the space he finds himself in he could easily be getting 20-25 league goals a season but he just doesn't do it.

I'm sure he'll do well in Toronto, I'll be watching him play soon enough. I can't believe he's getting 90k a week there, not sure how they will afford that, maybe there is hope for him to make the world cup?

jimharri said:
TCIB said:

Fuck off and fuck off
Not a fan then?

Does my head in Jim, Owen thinks he is the deadliest striker in the league err as well as chicharito but yeah stuff like that.
He scores a goal against someone like palace, comes on when they are already 3 up after 70min and they start mentioning "England place" and other worrying terms. He was paid fortunes for being so limited and average, i never understood it.
Yeah he may get 15 goals a season, you see how many of them counted, winners or equalizers though.
He is incapable of linking up, has no vision or awareness beyond obvious runs behind very slow defenses, can't cross...(deep breath)...
Offers nothing in defense or tracking back to hassle high defensive line, gets off side a lot for someone who specializes in running of the last defender either.
No good at holding the ball up, loses possession any time he tries a pass and needs about 25 efforts to every goal.

...aaaaand calm :D

p.s. He also has "confidence issues" aka is shite for 2 seasons before having one of his 15 goal seasons.

Even his shooting has resorted to long range speculative shots which are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.