The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Re: Tottenham

In all honesty arry has treated this like the carling vup playing 2nd string sides and the like. He quite clearly did not want to be in the europa league, you could see that in his interviews at end of last season but he needed to avoid getting in via the fair play league and having to start qualifying on the day of the FA cup final

Re: TOTTENHAM

stony said:
Spurs are by and large immune to criticism in the media.

Ha! I wish!

It's true that, at the moment, Spurs are attracting mostly good press. That's because, at the moment, the team is mostly playing very well. But anyone who knows anything about the British press knows that they'll write whatever makes for the best copy and headlines and sells the most papers. Things can turn in an instant. A couple of losses and Spurs will suddenly become a club in crisis. It's just the way it goes.

In general, fans of all newsworthy clubs seem to be convinced that their club uniquely suffers unfair treatment at the hands of the press while other clubs are given an easy ride. And it's nothing more than paranoia. It's an illusion made to seem real because we only ever follow our own club's press coverage to any great degree.

Harry's a very good manager and Spurs are a very good team who will definitely finish in the top 4 and possibly the top 2.

We were lucky to play them when they were in relative turmoil. Parker's made a hell of a difference to them.

Crouchinho said:
Good question TCIB! I am so undecided. There have been many rumours that Klinsmann is already lined up for when Harry goes. He knows the fans want attacking free flowing football too. Part of me wants Guus Hiddink, he seems to turn water into wine a lot of the time, I really think he could take Spurs to another level. He's a motivator and tactician which works well both ways

I believe that Ancelotti is the clear favourite, if Harry leaves.

He's already turned down Inter and PSG, apparently. Wants to stay in the Premier League - and London in particular. Won't go back to Chelsea. Arsenal unlikely to sack Wenger. The only other option is Spurs. And be it because of the FA or HMRC - the manager's position at Spurs might well be vacant next summer. Or before.

I'd rather Harry stayed. But, if not, Ancelotti would be a very good replacement.

Crouchinho said:
We played reserve teams and youth players all the way through until yesterday. If we had played strong sides from the start then maybe we would have gone through.

Crashing out of the Europa league is no where near as bad as crashing out of the champions league. UEFA have made it such a pigs ear of a competition. You can play up to 20 games and win the thing and get less cash than you do winning the league cup

Is the point of football to you making money, or winning something?

JimB said:
I'd rather Harry stayed. But, if not, Ancelotti would be a very good replacement.

I thought quite a few spurs fans were pissed off with 'arry and wanted him gone before the start of the season. Have you all changed your mind now you're doing well again?

stony said:
JimB said:

I thought quite a few spurs fans were pissed off with 'arry and wanted him gone before the start of the season. Have you all changed your mind now you're doing well again?

I wouldn't know.

I only speak for myself.

For what it's worth, my impression is that the vast majority of Spurs fans have been delighted with the job that Harry's done since he's been at the club. Rightly so.

There are undeniably, however, a small minority of fans who, it seems, have never liked Harry and never wanted him at Spurs in the first place.

I dare say that you have similar fans at City.

JimB said:
stony said:
JimB said:

I wouldn't know.

I only speak for myself.

For what it's worth, my impression is that the vast majority of Spurs fans have been delighted with the job that Harry's done since he's been at the club. Rightly so.

There are undeniably, however, a small minority of fans who, it seems, have never liked Harry and never wanted him at Spurs in the first place.

We have some now, and although they're keeping their own council at the moment, as soon as we lose they will be on here slating Mancini as though he were shagging their sisters.

moomba said:
Crouchinho said:
We played reserve teams and youth players all the way through until yesterday. If we had played strong sides from the start then maybe we would have gone through.

Crashing out of the Europa league is no where near as bad as crashing out of the champions league. UEFA have made it such a pigs ear of a competition. You can play up to 20 games and win the thing and get less cash than you do winning the league cup

Good question.

I'd love to have won the Europa League.

But the unavoidable truth is that UEFA (in thrall to the greed of the biggest clubs) have made a mockery of their second club competition. They have made qualifying for the Champions League the be all and end all. Or, put another way, they have made failure to qualify for the Champions League unthinkable.

They fucked up football to the extent that the top priority for top clubs now isn't necessarily to win trophies. They've turned football into musical chairs. It's not important that you're the very first person to sit down. It's only important that you're not one of those left standing.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:19 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
JimB said:
stony said:

I wouldn't know.

I only speak for myself.

We have some now, and although they're keeping their own council at the moment, as soon as we lose they will be on here slating Mancini as though he were shagging their sisters.

Yep. Exactly the same at Spurs.

moomba said:
Crouchinho said:

Seems like financial success to me Moomba for Tony's recent signing at the potteries but the more you win the more money that usually goes with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.