The traditional 'he didn't make it after City, so he was no good' comment.

heard that there are prominent members of City's academy set up who have passed on signing some young players as they see it as a waste of time as they think they'll never get a chance anyway and they think the club will ruin them....ouch.

this wasn't a reaction to the six subs thing btw, it's an opinion from months ago. that level of defeatism though - that cant be fucking healthy. This view was also shared on the state of other academies too btw. Not just ours
Not sure about that bud?

The academy set up is seen as a cash cow and also the reason why our scouting network has invaded South America to find new young talent and attract them to us and break the trend for them always heading to Spain. Obviously we'll cherry pick the ones that we think will make the grade in our squad but others will be sold off to the highest bidder for profit. Expect a lot more South Americans in the coming years once the network gets more established.

Love it or hate it that's the direction we're taking and the academy will slowly become a money making machine

Not sure about that bud?

The academy set up is seen as a cash cow and also the reason why our scouting network has invaded South America to find new young talent and attract them to us and break the trend for them always heading to Spain. Obviously we'll cherry pick the ones that we think will make the grade in our squad but others will be sold off to the highest bidder for profit. Expect a lot more South Americans in the coming years once the network gets more established.

Love it or hate it that's the direction we're taking and the academy will slowly become a money making machine

The number of people, kids, families. schools, etc etc etc involved in he academy, not just here, but around the world, as well as fees paid to players, agents etc etc etc, to sign for us, if it's going to be a 'cash cow' we'd better fucking find Messi.

The only players we are making decent money on, are nothing to do with the academy, mostly too old, or in he case of Iheanacho, barely even saw the place.

We could have stayed at Platt Lane.

The number of people, kids, families. schools, etc etc etc involved in he academy, not just here, but around the world, as well as fees paid to players, agents etc etc etc, to sign for us, if it's going to be a 'cash cow' we'd better fucking find Messi.

The only players we are making decent money on, are nothing to do with the academy, mostly too old, or in he case of Iheanacho, barely even saw the place.

We could have stayed at Platt Lane.
I'd say the £7.5m profit we made on Sancho isn't a bad start?

I'd say the £7.5m profit we made on Sancho isn't a bad start?

Well apart from he's supposed to be one of the players who we keep, rather than the 'cash cow' ones we sell off.

But how many years has it taken for us to find a Sancho, compared to the players who came out of the sheds at Platt Lane ?

How many players do we need to sell, to catch SWP ? And what would the equivalent fee be now ? 100 mil ?

If it's supposed to be a 'cash cow' it's a ridiculous failure & is worse at that than it has been at producing players for the first team.

Imo it's supposed to be an academy for producung City players & selling the rest, not producing Championship players. And I think we have actually produced them but never played them.

Squad players rather than superstars mostly, but they were there.

Well apart from he's supposed to be one of the players who we keep, rather than the 'cash cow' ones we sell off.

But how many years has it taken for us to find a Sancho, compared to the players who came out of the sheds at Platt Lane ?

How many players do we need to sell, to catch SWP ? And what would the equivalent fee be now ? 100 mil ?

If it's supposed to be a 'cash cow' it's a ridiculous failure & is worse at that than it has been at producing players for the first team.

Imo it's supposed to be an academy for producung City players & selling the rest, not producing Championship players. And I think we have actually produced them but never played them.

I didn't say this was going to happen overnight but it's seen as something that'll help us save money and make profit in the future, why else would we want to set up a vast scouting network in South America if we didn't think there was money to be made or saved?.......it's a business

It will be interesting to see how much game time Pep gives our academy players towards the end of the season, personally I think he wants to silence a few of his/City's critics on the youth policy with the way he talks about the academy but with nothing won yet it's on the back burner for now. Pep needs silverware after last season, we also don't seem to feel safe in a game until we are 3-0 up(a symptom of last season which is fading).

Without getting into which players we should keep and play or not. If we say just the current crop of Gunn, Maffeo, the 2 Garcias, Brahim, Foden don't make it the income from them moving on, with sell ons , would more than pay for the academy costs. Not suggesting we should be selling them all but if they were to it wouldn't be a failure as a cash cow.

Without getting into which players we should keep and play or not. If we say just the current crop of Gunn, Maffeo, the 2 Garcias, Brahim, Foden don't make it the income from them moving on, with sell ons , would more than pay for the academy costs. Not suggesting we should be selling them all but if they were to it wouldn't be a failure as a cash cow.
Correct, like it or not this is the reality

I didn't say this was going to happen overnight but it's seen as something that'll help us save money and make profit in the future, why else would we want to set up a vast scouting network in South America if we didn't think there was money to be made or saved?.......it's a business

Usually scouting networks are designed to find the best players before they before they become too expensive. Such as Gabriel Jesus.

If we are doing it to make money, rather than to find quality for our squad, we are a lot less on the ball as I thought personally.

Especially as UEFA could dump the whole loan business overnight if they see fit.

Spending millions to do something David Gill could wipe out over breakfast, is not sound planning imo.

Having a genuine academy to produce our own players plus signing young players for the club & doing it right, is imo & is, I believe the main plan Khaldoon had for it, with sales just a way of helping pay for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.