The undroppables?

Stones and Laporte like this post a lot, Otto and Kompany not so much :)
Stones and Laporte look like our most likely longterm CB pairing, that goes without saying really. However. At the moment I'd say Ota and Kompany are our best pairing, certainly our most experienced. Both were fantastic at Wembley and vinny belied his recent injuries and age to put in a performance many of us thought was beyond him. Otamendi last season was a enigma I couldn't fathom out, as he was just as capable of a school boy error as a world class tackle within the same game. This season he has finally shown that he has mostly eradicated his mistakes and for me is now without a doubt, first choice.

Absolutely, my quote was to someone with us playing three at the back and it included Kompany and then two up top.
Aha, no worries mate. I must have misunderstood. I'd MAYBE play Kompany before Stones or Laporte at the moment but that's only because of Stones coming back from injury and Laporte still finding his feet. I certainly wouldn't try shoe horning 2 of the above in though.

Fernandinho is fantastic but if Gundogan played instead of him there wouldn’t be a huge huge difference. You drop KDB or Silva and there is a big drop in class.
I think we might have to agree to disagree. Personally I think there is a huge drop in class if you play Gundhogan in Fernandinhos position. Nobody can do what Silva does to his standard, however, with the attacking players we have, I'd see a bigger hole in the team if Fernandinho was dropped.

The form team based on last month or so?

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Delph
Fernandinho
KDB
Silva
Sane
Aguero
Bernardo

Bench
Bravo Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Gundogan, Raheem, Jesus,

Left out: Foden, Danilo Zinchenko Yaya Mendy

Shows how silly team selection could get... Mendy when fit is the first choice left back or LWB depending on formation. He's not going to be left out. So should eventually work his way into bench or first team by end of season... who drops for him? Zinchenko I think. He's had a good run. Then does Delph drop out from the bench as Danilo is insurance for Walker getting an injury? Painful stuff for Pep this. haha

Fernandinho is fantastic but if Gundogan played instead of him there wouldn’t be a huge huge difference. You drop KDB or Silva and there is a big drop in class.
You honestly think that.
Gundogan has struggled this season.
Nowhere near Fernandinho form wise.
You need more than one great game to be in Fernandinho's class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.