The value of Petrov

He's a bit inconsistent, but he's like Robbie in so far that you can't bet against him suddenly doing something. He terrified many decent right backs last season and you'd have hoped the Petrov/ SWP combination would have done great things.

Sorely, sorely missed imo.

simon23 said:
PBLZ129 said:
I hate the twat.

Yeah absolutely wonderful attacking, but any player who can't show enough spirit, courage and bollocks to defend and put in a tackle isn't worth the attacking flair in my book. He doesn't even track back for Fooks sake. How many times do you see Robinho tracking back to deep midfield and niftily nicking the ball away - a darn sight more often.

The longer he's injured the better for me. Once we've got a strong back 4 then you can think about playing the pussy.

are you actually a city fan????

do you know anythign about football in the slightest?

when did you every see thierry henry tracking back...or drogba, or torres,????

Oh look...all those names you picked there are strikers...Petrovs a winger...Yes his main game is tricky attacking play but they're meant to protect their right/left back.Look at SWP PROTECTS and COVERS his left back. So dont go giving me that shit about knowing football. Oh and go on tell me there's not a city player you dont like...we all have them.

as for:

what a dick!!!!! for a start you dont see robinho tracking back and for another thing that just isnt his type of game, as much as it hurts me to say it but ronaldo is the best player in the world and do you see him tracking back?

Yes you do actually see him tracking back, when he's on the left (maybe not away - but he plays crap away anyway). Maybe not back to our own box, no, but at least into our own half. Petrov strolls back or runs around trying to look busy but never getting close enough to actually make a challenge.

As for Ronaldo, as much as it hurts ME to say it; the rags are a team that have the abilty to defend without him so he can afford not to track back. Whats our main problem...oh look defending. He needs to do his fair share.

PBLZ129 said:
simon23 said:
are you actually a city fan????

do you know anythign about football in the slightest?

when did you every see thierry henry tracking back...or drogba, or torres,????

Oh look...all those names you picked there are strikers...Petrovs a winger...Yes his main game is tricky attacking play but they're meant to protect their right/left back.Look at SWP PROTECTS and COVERS his left back. So dont go giving me that shit about knowing football. Oh and go on tell me there's not a city player you dont like...we all have them.

as for:

what a dick!!!!! for a start you dont see robinho tracking back and for another thing that just isnt his type of game, as much as it hurts me to say it but ronaldo is the best player in the world and do you see him tracking back?

Yes you do actually see him tracking back, when he's on the left (maybe not away - but he plays crap away anyway). Maybe not back to our own box, no, but at least into our own half. Petrov strolls back or runs around trying to look busy but never getting close enough to actually make a challenge.

As for Ronaldo, as much as it hurts ME to say it; the rags are a team that have the abilty to defend without him so he can afford not to track back. Whats our main problem...oh look defending. He needs to do his fair share.

so we should buy some decent defenders then rather than sacraficing attacking players to be able to defend

The Fat el Hombre said:
We can't keep putting our form down to missing players, it's rare a whole squad is 100%. We've got to get the best out of the players available and at the moment we aren't doing that by a long way
We're getting exactly what you would expect out of our starting line-up in thre circumstances where some of the players know they are on their way out

I agree our back four need sorting out and strengthening. But untill we've got a team that can facilitate Petrov's complete lack of defensive play its just not possible - yes i agree amazing when he's attacking with it but as soon as he loses it or the attack breaks down he disappears leaving a huge gap down their right wing to attack. Hopefully Bridge can do a job there and plug that. But thats the reality.

Dobsy87 said:
Missing him big style aren't we?

All this mention of we finished 9th last season, we also had him fit all season, and he always offers an attacking threat.

The idea of having MP left and SWP right really excited me. The next month without either of them . . .
hes quality, he set up almost every goal last season, i think we might replace him this transfer window tho. shame, i hope we get someone on loan so when hes fit he can be first team again, when is he expected to return anyway?

keemcfc said:
are our petrov and aston villas petrov brothers?

Hahahaha.Quality.You can post on here asking inane questions but you can't be bothered to check google first?

For the record,just because they are both Bulgarian doesn't make them brothers.My surname is Vassell but he's no brother of mine.Well not since he ignored me at our mums birthday party.

PBLZ129 said:
I hate the twat.

Yeah absolutely wonderful attacking, but any player who can't show enough spirit, courage and bollocks to defend and put in a tackle isn't worth the attacking flair in my book. He doesn't even track back for Fooks sake. How many times do you see Robinho tracking back to deep midfield and niftily nicking the ball away - a darn sight more often.

The longer he's injured the better for me. Once we've got a strong back 4 then you can think about playing the pussy.

???????????????????? are u totally messed up he gave us that quick counter attack because he dint get back and get lost in our area doing something he isnt good at . the sooner he is back the better but dont but this shite form down to him being out.THE END.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.