The very, very, very best place to live

I always laugh when I hear the brits can outdrink yanks, I've got some mates here who I'd put against anyone. Beer isn't drunk as much maybe, way better beer in England imo but mixed drinks and chugged down way more here

In my extensive research coincidentally also in cancun I can confirm the yanks at my all inconclusive hotel were without doubt the worst holders of their drink I have ever come across. Although they were young and on some sort of American break it was no excuse to fall off their bar stools before 9pm. The first Brit to go was my wife but at least she made midnight.

If youre used to bud light don't be drinking jd,cocktails and tequila slammers with us ruddy faced Brits.

Sounds great. I think the first time I traveled around the freeway into the Montreux area and visualized the contrast of the Alpes vs Lac Leman, it was breathtaking - had to pull over and take it all in.

Did you ever get into the taste of Chasselas? I enjoy it
Yes loved it as it was free all day whilst working, at night it was "une chop" or sagres with the Portuguese crowd.

In my extensive research coincidentally also in cancun I can confirm the yanks at my all inconclusive hotel were without doubt the worst holders of their drink I have ever come across. Although they were young and on some sort of American break it was no excuse to fall off their bar stools before 9pm. The first Brit to go was my wife but at least she made midnight.

If youre used to bud light don't be drinking jd,cocktails and tequila slammers with us ruddy faced Brits.
When you say ruddy faced, do you mean burned to a crisp?

When you say ruddy faced, do you mean burned to a crisp?

No I mean permanently pissed from being able to drink anything you want for free all day everyday. The only sun I saw was from under the beach bars tarpaulin. If us Brits pay a couple of grand for a holiday I'm going to try and drink myself even. My liver may be knackered but Thomas cook didn't get a penny out of me, suckers.

No I mean permanently pissed from being able to drink anything you want for free all day everyday. The only sun I saw was from under the beach bars tarpaulin. If us Brits pay a couple of grand for a holiday I'm going to try and drink myself even. My liver may be knackered but Thomas cook didn't get a penny out of me, suckers.
Attaboy

Haha, it was because you looked like burnt fucking lobsters with bottles of milk stick out of your shorts.
I'll be in Mexico next month playing "which part of the U.K is that one from"?
The ones that are white are Irish that have been there for two weeks already.
Not us.... we'd been in Belize for months by then....

I have been lucky enough to live abroad for 25+ years in quite a few countries and have visited many others I enjoyed living in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Thailand but my favourite is the Czech Republic.

Having said that we are back in the UK temporarily and I am really enjoying life here in North Yorkshire. I suspect when the kids are done with school, we'll be heading back to Thailand though.

Born in Torquay. Wish we stayed down there, seems a completely different world to anywhere up north!

Although best place to live in the world? Not sure? Possibly Sydney?

Phoenix itself doesn't look too exciting when compared to many other big cities in the USA but it's not far from places like Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon,Monument Valley, the Petrified Forest and other great attractions.

But the big one is the chance to stand on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. My son did this at weekend and sent me this:

I could be mistaken but is that a flat bed Ford in the reflection ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.