The very, very, very best place to live

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tuearts right boot, 20 Mar 2017 at 9:55 AM.

1. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

Any Greek island or the Canaries would do me.

2. better dead than red

better dead than red

Scottsdale>Phoenix, imo of course.

3. MichaelFrontzeck'sBathroom

MichaelFrontzeck'sBathroom

anywhere in switzerland (if i ever win the lottery).

4. purplenose

purplenose

Horizontal dancing instructor
    In the UK Bournemouth/Dorset or the Cotswolds though where I live in South Cheshire is up there.

Abroad I doubt Australia would take some beating, you can even find a spider big enough to ride to the nearest pub.

5. bluemoon risin'

bluemoon risin'

Taking the rise.
    I've worked and stayed in many places the length. And breadth of the UK for over 16 years, and in that time I would say I'm most fond of places on the coast.

Maybe nowhere near as affluent and desirable as places I could mention such as sandbanks near Poole in Dorset, but places such as Largs in Ayrshire, and Also Arbroath and Oban Scotland, Falmouth Cornwall and also I enjoyed a couple of nights stay in a tiny village of Oare in Kent. I also like Bournemouth Torquay and Canterbury.

I recently spent 2 weeks. working on the main Island of the Orkneys staying at lovely guest house in Evie. The views from there overlook a few smaller Islands, at a point where a thin straight of the North sea meets the atlantic. Twice a day the swell of the tides coming together was fantastic to watch and appreciate, especially as i was watching whilst bathing in the soothing bubbles of the hot tub. Bliss.

There are many desirable places in the Uk I could mention for scenic beauty and history, and there are perhaps more places where there is mire effluence about the place than affluence, but home is where the heart is as they say and i fully agree.

As for places abroad, I'm. fairly well travelled, and if things had panned out different, had my kids not of been so young when their mum and I divorced, I would of moved To Italy and bought a place fairly near Ferrara to become a fishing guide on the mighty river Po.

Maybe one day.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:12 PM
  6. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

I have American relatives, mainly my Aunt's marrying Yanks, and the subsequent offspring, they've lived in
    Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and California, virtually all have decamped to Arizona and absolutely love the place.

7. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

[​IMG]

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

That's No4 in my list:

Blackley
    Harpurhey
    Collyhurst
    Moston

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Florida? Go to sleep and wake up to find yer've been eaten by an alligator or yer inside one of those fuckin' giant pythons or anacondas

10. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

And that's before you even mention the sinkholes.