The wasted years.

A good way of looking at it is if we hadn't fallen to such depths of the 3rd division and retained such a big following, and if we hadn't been so financially mismanaged over so many years, Sheikh Mansour would have never bought us.

We could have been Everton - well ran and perennially mid table. Or we could have had the City rollercoaster. I know which one I'd choose! You appreciate the good times more when you've been through the shit.

A good way of looking at it is if we hadn't fallen to such depths of the 3rd division and retained such a big following, and if we hadn't been so financially mismanaged over so many years, Sheikh Mansour would have never bought us.

We could have been Everton - well ran and perennially mid table. Or we could have had the City rollercoaster. I know which one I'd choose! You appreciate the good times more when you've been through the shit.
Very well said. It's important to remember where we've come from, and allow it to give us perspective, without wallowing in it.

There have been many tears and laughter in the 45 years watching city non wasted for me it's all part of being a city fan wouldn't change anything, although opinion might change if we were not in the position we are in right now.

I consider myself lucky as I didn't start going properly until 97/98 season when we were absolutely shite. As a fan I hadn't seen glory days so I just joined the roller coaster ride. Got my first season ticket in div 2, went to wembley, was at Ewood the following year. The most testing time as a city fan was probably between 2004-2008 because we were just an average lower half premier league team with no chance of winning anything, selling our best players and buying shit has been a who didn't care about the club. The last couple of years has been a lull as well because of the sheer underachievement. This season feels exciting again.

I wouldn't change a single thing.

You choose your team, you stick with them. Tough tiddlies if they are garbage!

My first season ended with David "I was only asking for directions" Pleat skipping across Maine Road in his grey tasselled slip-ons, as Luton relegated us.

And that still didn't deter me from getting my first season ticket the following season. How warped is that!

Although it's become a bit of a cliched statement now, I doubt any other Premier League fans would back their team as we did, if they dropped into the 3rd Division.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. It’s only October. Is there a Plan B when we no longer put five past everyone? Cautious optimism.

Besides, I follow Wales and I could be 42 before I see us in a World Cup.

Basic common sense, you don’t sell your best players and buy journeymen or average, you don’t get rid of the best managers to get incompetence, you don’t oust successful competent directors or chairmen for career self promoting ones, you don’t smash your stadium to pieces and develop it like a blind architect had drawn the plans, you don’t run a fantastic football club like a corner shop and expect the cash and investment to roll in, you never ever sell your your players for less than what they are worth, their should be no sentiment in your club only one goal which is trophies, we have too nice a football club trying to be liked and we are now getting shit on from a great hight, we should put every official under pressure from the moment he steps foot on our hallowed turf. Amen

I'd like city to make a video called something like Remember When We Were Shit so I can make the kids watch it. They are 14 and 12 and only remember us being good worries me they might end up acting like that arrogant lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.