The word beginning with Q

The big call is whether to wait after the Arsenal final and Basle games. If we lose against Arsenal then the bets dead! But get past that first obstacle, Wigan and Basle then the cashout will look a lot rosier. I very much doubt we'll go all the way though pal, not because we're not good enough, because of the bent referees. But good luck.. OBVIOUSLY!!

All I know about the Q word is that the media will push it and push it the closer we get and then if it doesn’t happen (even if we win 2 or 3) they’ll have something to beat us up with

Strictly in terms of getting value on your investment you're better to let it ride. The the price of cashing out has one of the highest margins of any bookies odds on any market. They are playing in to punters temptation (possibly even need) to lock in some guaranteed profit ahead of the outcome.
A quick look at oddschecker suggests just over 25/1 is about where they rate our chances just now, tho you'd have to think that progression late into the FA Cup and CL will hurt our chances of winning both to some degree with fatigue and potential for injuries increasing ?
Unless you could really use the cash then I'd say let it roll at least until the picture becomes clearer down the road in March/April.

Can you lay this market at the exchanges out of interest? Not that you would right now with Basel and Wigan on the horizon.
Or, if you are very confident, this is actually the perfect time... ;-)

Sign up at somewhere like Betfair and lay city to win the champions league and the FA cup the double (champions league and FA cup should be around 10/1) 9/2 CL and 9/4 FA Cup
the league is about 50/1 on and the league cup is 9/4 on so the "Q" is about 15s at present

if you can lay it at less than 20s youve probably had a result as previously noted bookies are notoriously bad value when cashing out.

At present I would lay the League cup, we seem a bit too short in a two horse race against a team who on their day are decent and it may be their only chance of silverware. Wait till after Basle but (if we win) lay before the draw for the next round, if we get PSG or Real our odds wont have shortened much if at all, run the FA cup till after Wigan and then lay before the draw.

The league is probably not worth it, unless the gap starts to narrow, if we are still in the other comps you may want to buy some insurance.

So we seem to be saying, if you can lay it at 16-20s or so then do that, suggesting that a cash out of around £800-£1200 would appeal.

I can see the logic but given that it’s essentially now a risk free bet then temptation to let it run is big.

I guess wins against Basel, Arsenal and Wigan in cups will transform the cash out opportunity ( though a single defeat would obviously kill it!). Perhaps laying city in carabao would be decent insurance as if they win the “loss” will be compensated in the cash out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.