The Worlds biggest Bands

A reformed Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin would be huge, I mean even the Australian Pink Floyd play the MEN, both huge on both sides of the Atlantic and elsewhere. Queen were surprisingly never huge in the States or was Bowie but if Freddie and Bowie were still with us and toured they would do great business.

Led Zeppelin.
Queen
Abba
Rolling Stones.
U2
Beatles.

Thats the multitudes taken care of and now for my ticket choice.

Led Zep
Hawkwind
Yes
Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Collins sat back on his drum kit with Chester.
Queen
Who
Hawkwind with or without Stacia?

A reformed Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin would be huge, I mean even the Australian Pink Floyd play the MEN, both huge on both sides of the Atlantic and elsewhere. Queen were surprisingly never huge in the States or was Bowie but if Freddie and Bowie were still with us and toured they would do great business.
Status Quo were huge in their day in Europe, never made it over the pond with the exception of Matchstick men (maybe that's why) There have been bands in the US that never had huge success elsewhere but were legends here..The Grateful Dead probably the biggest

Status Quo were huge in their day in Europe, never made it over the pond with the exception of Matchstick men (maybe that's why) There have been bands in the US that never had huge success elsewhere but were legends here..The Grateful Dead probably the biggest

The Dead were a touring phenomenon over there usually in the top 2 or 3 grossing tours but didn’t sell a huge amount of records I think the one they did at the end of the 80s with ‘Touch of Grey’ on it was their biggest seller.

You are plain wrong: Queen were huge in the states at one point. Around the time of The Game, which sold 4m copies in the US, Queen may have been the biggest band on the planet. However their popularity took a dive because the Yanks could cope with a rock band doing a tongue in cheek video in drag. Relatively recently Bohemian Rhapsody was the 11th most played song of the year on classic rock stations and you'll find We Will Rock and We are the Champions played regularly at sporting events.

I was wondering if anyone would mention The Dead. I'm pretty sure that they would be in the top 6 live bands in the US but much less so elsewhere. One band I would have loved to have seen.

You are plain wrong: Queen were huge in the states at one point. Around the time of The Game, which sold 4m copies in the US, Queen may have been the biggest band on the planet. However their popularity took a dive because the Yanks could cope with a rock band doing a tongue in cheek video in drag. Relatively recently Bohemian Rhapsody was the 11th most played song of the year on classic rock stations and you'll find We Will Rock and We are the Champions played regularly at sporting events.

Only 4 of their albums went top 10 in the US billboard charts abs they never had a number 1 US album, I know the Game was huge over there but after that they never went top 20, in fact A Kind of Magic huge everywhere only got to number 46.

from wiki;
Queen began their 1980s career with The Game. It featured the singles "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Another One Bites the Dust", both of which reached number one in the US.[27]

The band's sixth studio album News of the World was released in 1977, which has gone four times platinum in the United States

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.