The Yaya, Kolo Song. Again.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueBilly, 24 Jul 2013.

1. BlueBilly

BlueBilly

Went for a few drinks in Stafford tonight, and at about 11pm the place erupted with a drunken rendition of Yaya Kolo. I'm aware that the song recently hit Malia/Zante etc. but it was very surreal hearing it in a small town in the Midlands.

What monster have we created?

2. davymcfc

davymcfc

I wonder why it's such a craze. Strange.

3. Farzyy

Farzyy

Student
    Was in Ibizaa few weeks back, someone got it started on the strip and a good 50 people joined in. Quality

4. paulchapo

paulchapo

Mainly because it is catchy,easy to sing and quirky.It was a big hit in the charts a few years back as well for the same reason.We even get a mention on Wikipedia on it's description of the song.Like all succesful things it is it's simplicity that makes it so.

<a class="postlink" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Limit_(song" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Limit_(song</a>)

5. Manchestercitychorlton

Manchestercitychorlton

Doing the rounds at music festivals across the country as well.

6. paulchapo

paulchapo

Some astute fans and/or the club need to contact the original group/songwriters and strike a deal to re-release it,it is hot at the moment and i reckon would be a top ten hit if not number 1.Anyone doing so remember it was MY idea,lol!!

7. davymcfc

davymcfc

That's pretty cool. Always liked the no limit song. Techno techno techno techno

8. akcity

akcity

Yes it's catchy, quirky, easy to sing etc...but for people who either don't watch football, or support other teams to sing a song about City players (ok, Kolo is no longer) is bizarre.

You will never get me singing along to another clubs songs!

9. Lark Lane Blue

Lark Lane Blue

Sound tech.
    PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01C1CE2
    I live in Liverpool and was awoken at half four in the morning last week by a group of scousers singing it in the street. I woke up and didn't understand what the hell was going on. They walked around the streets here for half an hour or so singing it, only stopping to fall about laughing.

10. Bilboblue

Bilboblue

You just know what's going to happen when we play Liverpool ! We sing the Yaya bit, they do the Kolo bit

Should be a right laugh.