The year 2008 the Facts and Figures (Ericsson v Hughes)

Re: The year 2008

chesterguy said:
Cheesy said:
In Sven's last 20 games (you may as well compare like for like) he got 22 points also (I believe). So that's the same as MH.

The only thing is MH has the same squad plus £80 million worth of talent. So for our £80 million we have improved not on iota. Yeah, MH is a genius ;-)

The issue is the talent that Mark Hughes bought are the only ones playing the others are dragging the team down. Without Robinho, SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta this team would be adrift in my opinion. I dont believe that Jo was a MH signing.

It is clear that there are many other players at the club at the moment who Hughes does not rate and they are probably aware of this and so rather than be professional and continue to give 100% they have spat their proverbial dummies out and couldn't give a toss. He cant get rid of all of those players as he wouldnt have a squad or he would have to buy 10/12 players hence my belief that it will take 2 transfers windows to enable him to buy a full squad of committed players.

A decent manager (in any profession) can get the most out of all those who work fro him by adapting different style of leadership to different people & situations. It looks blatantly obvious to me that MH has a 'one size fits all' approach to his 'management' and this is never going to succeed as he'll never be able to get a full squad who will all respond positively to this one style.

Moebius said:
back on topic though, i agree, people have blue tinted glasses on in this forum, they EXPECT something from a team, who Sven couldnt manage, yet blame Mark H when he has to play the same players. The two managers are totally different, the only thing the same : the team. FACT.

It isnt the manager who should walk, its half the team.

(and before half of your whine, robinho, SWP, Bridge, ) all didnt play today, only Kompany and Zab who are hughes signings did, and they had bad games fari enough.

Most intelligent post in a long while on here.

Lets face facts, if MH hadnt played for the rags, he wouldnt get half the shit he does at the moment from silly, narrow minded 'fans' that dont understand football.

Off my soapbox for the night :)

Cheesy said:
chesterguy said:
The issue is the talent that Mark Hughes bought are the only ones playing the others are dragging the team down. Without Robinho, SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta this team would be adrift in my opinion. I dont believe that Jo was a MH signing.

It is clear that there are many other players at the club at the moment who Hughes does not rate and they are probably aware of this and so rather than be professional and continue to give 100% they have spat their proverbial dummies out and couldn't give a toss. He cant get rid of all of those players as he wouldnt have a squad or he would have to buy 10/12 players hence my belief that it will take 2 transfers windows to enable him to buy a full squad of committed players.

A decent manager (in any profession) can get the most out of all those who work fro him by adapting different style of leadership to different people & situations. It looks blatantly obvious to me that MH has a 'one size fits all' approach to his 'management' and this is never going to succeed as he'll never be able to get a full squad who will all respond positively to this one style.

I think that statement is rubbish his style will work for those who he buys it may not work for those lazy areses that we have at the club at the moment. Why dont we wait til he has a squad of his own players who he has bought and not players he has inherited and lets criticise him then.

I find threads like this defending MH to be quite amusing. They bring up Sven's record in the second half of last season (yes, it was shit) to prove how crap a manager he was, then produce MH's record for this season (it's just as bad as Sven's) but apparently he's a good manager!

Cheesy said:
chesterguy said:

I think that statement is rubbish his style will work for those who he buys it may not work for those lazy areses that we have at the club at the moment. Why dont we wait til he has a squad of his own players who he has bought and not players he has inherited and lets criticise him then.

chesterguy said:
Cheesy said:

A full squad is how many players? 30 odd? Have you ever managed 30 people? It's impossible to use the same style of leadership on them all & to still get the best out of them. It just doesn't work.

Its you that states he has only one style of management. I have no idea nor do I know how Ferguson or Wenger manage their teams or I know is that it is easier to manage a team when you have put the team together than it is managing a team of people that someone else has put together.

I am not here defending Hughes I am saying all those who think the club has suddenly got crap since Hufghes has taken over are deluding themselves. Quite right we were crap before and we are crap now what I am suggesting is that we give the guy the time to put his own team together and see what happens.

How do we know that getting another manager in will mean the SWP, Kompany, Robinho Ireland dont take to that manager or he doesnt take to them and so they start playing crap. This club needs stability and not for 6/12 months but a couple of seasons that way all the players will be the managers and if they are still crap then he takes full responsibility. The same benefit should have been given to Sven but it wasnt but 2 wrongs dont make a right

chesterguy said:
Cheesy said:

As of today, we have a very good squad of players. Probably the fifth or sixth best in the division. We also have a manager who is extracting less than the sum of the parts.

Hughes was brought in not to sell off the entire squad and replace but to extract more from what assets we had and supplement with good signings. His signings have been decent but his use/shake up of the existing squad is quite simply bad man management.

I'm quite sure many managers want to rebuild entire squads (Redknapp for one) but as that isnt possible in short order they figure out that in the interim, you work with what you have. Where is the arm around Micah's shoulder telling him how he can recover his form? Where is the O'Neill/Ashley Young-esque confidence inflation on SWP? Hughes is a cold, excuse ridden, tactically bizarre bloke who doesn't know what to do. If he isn't fired he better figure it out soon because we are definitely at risk of the most incredible relegation of all time.

You seem to know exactly what Hughes is saying or not saying to the players I dont have that privilege. Or are you just making assumptions based on what you see on a matchday.

Yes we are all individuals and need to be treated individually but these are highly paid PROFESSIONAL sportsmen at the peak of their profession if they arent able to put in 100% effort which clearly many have done over a number of weeks then that is their individual choice.

Why should you blame Hughes because it is quite clear that Sven style wasnt working either otherwise why were these players not ripping up trees at the back end of last season to save their managers job. Purely because they have no PRIDE at all in playing for their team and they are so wealthy that nothing anybody can say to them will make them try any harder

markbmcfc said:
Moebius said:
back on topic though, i agree, people have blue tinted glasses on in this forum, they EXPECT something from a team, who Sven couldnt manage, yet blame Mark H when he has to play the same players. The two managers are totally different, the only thing the same : the team. FACT.

It isnt the manager who should walk, its half the team.

(and before half of your whine, robinho, SWP, Bridge, ) all didnt play today, only Kompany and Zab who are hughes signings did, and they had bad games fari enough.

Most intelligent post in a long while on here.

Lets face facts, if MH hadnt played for the rags, he wouldnt get half the shit he does at the moment from silly, narrow minded 'fans' that dont understand football.

Off my soapbox for the night :)

I'm not saying this to be funny I am interested, did you actually go to the match today and if so did it not see that the players had no idea what the coaching staff(including Hughes)wanted from them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.