The year 2008 the Facts and Figures (Ericsson v Hughes)

MCRJON said:
To pick up on the Sturridge/Elano Bowen/Hughes point -that was right in front of me - Sturridge was giving Bowen both barrels as it were with some choice language lets say. ELano appeared to be trying to convey something to Hughes in a more reserved way but he was waving him away.

Back to Sven - has everyone forgotten how few players we had in the 2nd half of last season - does no one remember how we spent March onwards with a back 4 of Dunne, Ball, Sun and Elano with Sam Williamson making a cameo. Of cause our form dipped 2nd half of last season. Sven took over in August, we has no pre-season and after Xmas we were down to the bare bones.

The players have lost all confidence in their own ability, Ireland apart who did work on his won (nothing to do witht he club) our players have gone backwards, and thats down to Hughes, Bowen and co.

With the greatest respect; cobblers

Boro 8 City 1

Team

Man City: Isaksson, Jihai, Corluka, Dunne, Ball, Ireland, Gelson, Petrov (Elano 71), Garrido, Vassell (Hamann 62), Mwaruwari (Castillo 13).
Subs Not Used: Hart, Caicedo.

Re: The year 2008

whp.blue said:
Colins Bellend said:
P W D L F A GD PTS
18 6 4 9 18 31 -13 17

tHATS 19

BOTH MANAGERS SHOULD BE SACKED FOR THOSE RECORDS

But the issue is very few to no people wanted Ericsson sacked but now everyone is clamouring for Hughes's head. What if we have a 2nd half of the season like we did first half of last. The last thing this club need in my opinion is more managerial upheavel. I think the blame lies with the players as two managers have tried both with successful records with other sides and have not been able to make our side a success.

What I think is needed is a strong manager to take the decision to get rid of those players who wont be the effort in and bring in top players who are

chesterguy said:
Cheesy said:
In Sven's last 20 games (you may as well compare like for like) he got 22 points also (I believe). So that's the same as MH.

The only thing is MH has the same squad plus £80 million worth of talent. So for our £80 million we have improved not on iota. Yeah, MH is a genius ;-)

The issue is the talent that Mark Hughes bought are the only ones playing the others are dragging the team down. Without Robinho, SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta this team would be adrift in my opinion. I dont believe that Jo was a MH signing.

It is clear that there are many other players at the club at the moment who Hughes does not rate and they are probably aware of this and so rather than be professional and continue to give 100% they have spat their proverbial dummies out and couldn't give a toss. He cant get rid of all of those players as he wouldnt have a squad or he would have to buy 10/12 players hence my belief that it will take 2 transfers windows to enable him to buy a full squad of committed players.

yes but will they come if the championship is looming!!!!

smeghead64 said:
chesterguy said:
The issue is the talent that Mark Hughes bought are the only ones playing the others are dragging the team down. Without Robinho, SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta this team would be adrift in my opinion. I dont believe that Jo was a MH signing.

It is clear that there are many other players at the club at the moment who Hughes does not rate and they are probably aware of this and so rather than be professional and continue to give 100% they have spat their proverbial dummies out and couldn't give a toss. He cant get rid of all of those players as he wouldnt have a squad or he would have to buy 10/12 players hence my belief that it will take 2 transfers windows to enable him to buy a full squad of committed players.

yes but will they come if the championship is looming!!!!

Wayne Bridge has and there will be many others who will. I think what we are seeing is that when the team is without the players that seem to get on with Hughes SWP, Robiniho, Ireland we are poor as an attacking force. It is also clear that at the moment our defence is poor hence the recipe for yesterdays disaster.

We are a team and club in transistion and a bit like Richards we will have good days and bad what straw I am clutching too is that the goods days will strat to outweigh the bad when we get a few more players that are MH signings and then we might see those that are not prepared to put a shift in out of the club

I think Mark Hughes is better. Sven was just amazing at the start, and then got worse. But Mark Hughes was average at the start (not really going up and down) and then we went straight down to the relegation zone and now we are back up again.

So it's like this:

Sven-Go up to the top of the table and then go straight down to the middle of the table.

MH-In the middle then go down then go to the middle again.

Oh god, here we go again...

Last season was a joke from january and onwards. Sven was promised a lot of money to strenghen the thin squad in january, but the money never came. At the same time Thaksin started his backstabbing of Sven, resulting in a squad morale lower than low. 8-1 at Smoggies was a result of a team in shatters. Embarresing, but not very surprising.

As someone mentioned earlier; It is funny to see that the same people who uses Svens bad results in the spring as a reason for him to get the sack, are the same people who thinks that Mark Hughes should be excused when performing equally bad.

Something the Hughes camp are not taking into account is that SGE was sacked on the back of a dreadful 2nd half run and had built up a lot goodwill in the 1st half, Hughes has not, things are not improving our performances are getting worse, we could well go down without a turn in our form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.