Theory......another one

moomba said:
scottyboi said:
who managed that club longer? i dont no will you tell me i know you can find it somewhere :) ill then look at that stat again.

Souness. 24 more games.

fucking hell didnt feel that long you know. But souness was good at the start and went shit if im correct. Hughes made them more stable and found gems consistantly like we have with kompany and zab. I think only a few more games will tell whats actually going to happen ill give him till feb bearing in mind our place in the league.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I disagree your theory is flawed, you see there has never been a proven link between success as a player and as a manager, indeed look at the rags, their current manager was never a top player, actually I think as a player he only won like a Scottish Div 2 title, Wenger while winning the French title as a player only appeared 3 times that year SGE of course never played the game. Then you can take the "Busby babes" none became successful managers, the rag team under their current manager, none have become successful managers(, will concede 2 manage in the top flight right now, but have failed to win anything). Even the England 66 world cup winning team produced no successful managers(in fact in Ball it produced the worst club manager in England Football history).

Although their manager was no slouch as a player by all accounts! Who did he play for I wonder?

Yeah but fuck it, Hughes Out - red bastard!

Please all note, this post is intended as irony! I am firmly in the "for fuck's sake, when are we ever going to give a manager time" category!!!

scottyboi said:
moomba said:
Souness. 24 more games.

fucking hell didnt feel that long you know. But souness was good at the start and went shit if im correct. Hughes made them more stable and found gems consistantly like we have with kompany and zab. I think only a few more games will tell whats actually going to happen ill give him till feb bearing in mind our place in the league.

I agree with Feb as you say depending on results.

rastus said:
scottyboi said:

I agree with Feb as you say depending on results.

then if we finish in the top 12 i would give him till end of next season depending on results obv

vonksbignose said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I disagree your theory is flawed, you see there has never been a proven link between success as a player and as a manager, indeed look at the rags, their current manager was never a top player, actually I think as a player he only won like a Scottish Div 2 title, Wenger while winning the French title as a player only appeared 3 times that year SGE of course never played the game. Then you can take the "Busby babes" none became successful managers, the rag team under their current manager, none have become successful managers(, will concede 2 manage in the top flight right now, but have failed to win anything). Even the England 66 world cup winning team produced no successful managers(in fact in Ball it produced the worst club manager in England Football history).

Although their manager was no slouch as a player by all accounts! Who did he play for I wonder?

Yeah but fuck it, Hughes Out - red bastard!

Please all note, this post is intended as irony! I am firmly in the "for fuck's sake, when are we ever going to give a manager time" category!!!

When in a relagation position no team manager is safe, no matter how long serving. Thats just the way it is

scottyboi said:
moomba said:
Souness. 24 more games.

I should add that the points tally counts cup games as well, so obviously no real points there (but I've given 3, 1 and 0)

.[/quote]

fucking hell didnt feel that long you know. But souness was good at the start and went shit if im correct. Hughes made them more stable and found gems consistantly like we have with kompany and zab. I think only a few more games will tell whats actually going to happen ill give him till feb bearing in mind our place in the league.[/quote]

I agree with Feb as you say depending on results.[/quote]

then if we finish in the top 12 i would give him till end of next season depending on results obv[/quote]
Agree again.

moomba said:
scottyboi said:

I should add that the points tally counts cup games as well, so obviously no real points there (but I've given 3, 1 and 0)

baffled lol i know what your saying but who benifits from that then hughes or souness?

Mary Parker Follett said Management is

"The art of getting things done through people".

Now weather or not thats with shouting at them or encouraging , using a carrot or a stick
i dont mind how he does it, Thats what he was hired to do
"it's his job" to get things done through people, we have not see the best of the squad at all this season bar maybe two games, Arsenal at home and Pompy at home, he needs to do something quick,

scottyboi said:

baffled lol i know what your saying but who benifits from that then hughes or souness?[/quote]

At a guess I'd say Souness did better in the league, Hughes did better in the cups. Just at a guess mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.