Thiago Silva

BlueMoonz1977

Ok, I mentioned earlier in the week on another thread that we may be looking to target Thiago Silva from AC MILAN - report just posted from AC's chief Galliani:

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani admits they're coming under immense pressure to keep hold of Thiago Silva.

Corriere dello Sport says the Rossoneri could capitulate if the offers go up to around €40m. Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have joined Barcelona in the bidding.

“We must resist a genuine siege for Thiago Silva, as a queue of European clubs are ready to go crazy for the Brazilian,” Milan Vice-President Galliani told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Ok, I mentioned earlier in the week on another thread that we may be looking to target Thiago Silva from AC MILAN - report just posted from AC's chief Galliani:

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani admits they're coming under immense pressure to keep hold of Thiago Silva.

Corriere dello Sport says the Rossoneri could capitulate if the offers go up to around €40m. Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have joined Barcelona in the bidding.

“We must resist a genuine siege for Thiago Silva, as a queue of European clubs are ready to go crazy for the Brazilian,” Milan Vice-President Galliani told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Good call!

You could make a fairly good argument for him being a more important target than Hazard, or at the very least on equal footing. A CB pairing of Kompany and Silva would genuinely be one of if not the finest in Europe. Unfortunately he would cost about as much as a small country, which (thank you Platini) would probably kill it dead. Even if we can technically afford it 1000 times over.

Really don't understand why people think a first choice centre half is such a top priority. Lescott has been immense this season, both domestically and in Europe. Remember that fella Hulk that people all over Europe raved about? I think he's still trying to find his way out of Lescott's back pocket.

A young centre half that can provide cover i.e. someone a little more experienced than Savic, yes, but a top name to replace Lescott? Not for me.

Contracted to 30 June 2016.

Would cost a lot of money.

Maybe Tevez can go the other way as part of the deal.

adrianr said:
You could make a fairly good argument for him being a more important target than Hazard, or at the very least on equal footing. A CB pairing of Kompany and Silva would genuinely be one of if not the finest in Europe. Unfortunately he would cost about as much as a small country, which (thank you Platini) would probably kill it dead. Even if we can technically afford it 1000 times over.

not if we other tevez in part ex?

birchwoodgingerste said:
adrianr said:

not if we other tevez in part ex?

That would probably be the case, if this news is true..They more or less have the same estimated value, maybe we would have to pay a few mil extra.
No way will a defender will cost 40mil, can they? They are never placed on a equal footing in value as forwards. Even 30mil defenders are rare - can only remember Ferdinand who was bought at that amount..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.