Thierry Ambrose

Blue Smarties

Whenever I check the scores, his name always seems to pop up. I don't know if it's pot luck and he's always scoring whenever I keep an eye out, or if he's putting them away on a regular basis, does anyone know more about him? How's he doing etc?

Blue Smarties said:
Whenever I check the scores, his name always seems to pop up. I don't know if it's pot luck and he's always scoring whenever I keep an eye out, or if he's putting them away on a regular basis, does anyone know more about him? How's he doing etc?
He scores goals as he wants pretty much. Great goal scoring record really. Plays for the french u17 also. Would like to see him play for the EDS aswell, some might say it's too early, but Lopes and Pozo and Ntcham played for the u21's at the same age, and this lad has the talent.

spinzer said:
Blue Smarties said:
He scores goals as he wants pretty much. Great goal scoring record really. Plays for the french u17 also. Would like to see him play for the EDS aswell, some might say it's too early, but Lopes and Pozo and Ntcham played for the u21's at the same age, and this lad has the talent.

He can't be far away, along with several others

We are going to have to make decisions on some of these lads in the summer because there will be an almighty queue of players who are all too good for the level they are playing at.

Some of the EDS will either have to be promoted to the first team squad, sent out or let go, some of the U18s moved up to EDS & some of the 16s moved up to the 18s. We have the Nigerian lads arriving too.

For those that have been unable to watch the under 18's, do you think that he is an out and out striker, or do you think he could develop into an attacking midfielder?

jollylescott said:
For those that have been unable to watch the under 18's, do you think that he is an out and out striker, or do you think he could develop into an attacking midfielder?

we've already got a plethora of attacking midfield talent with Byrne, Badao and Celina in the under 18's playing in attacking midfield we're somewhat overstocked in that area the one place where we need bodies is up-front with only 3 recognised strikers he came to the Etihad with a prolific record at youth level (a bit like faour) if memory serves me correct so he's been pushed upfront to fill the void he's still only 16 and is on one hell of a role right now it would be a waste to try and convert him especially when you'll also have the likes of Manu Garcia, Brahim and Kelechi Iheanacho all fighting for that CAM spot/s if they get moved up a group.

just remember the kid is only 16 so is performing consistently well against players one or two years his senior and at such a vital stage in development the increased game time can only aid his progression it'd be silly to risk stunting such a progression at this stage although saying that he doesn't play as an out and out striker he strikes me as a more of a 'false-nine' type player who sits behind the striker anyway it just so happens that he can play as the focal point of an attack as well

Glauber Berti said:
jollylescott said:

we've already got a plethora of attacking midfield talent with Byrne, Badao and Celina in the under 18's playing in attacking midfield we're somewhat overstocked in that area the one place where we need bodies is up-front with only 3 recognised strikers he came to the Etihad with a prolific record at youth level (a bit like faour) if memory serves me correct so he's been pushed upfront to fill the void he's still only 16 and is on one hell of a role right now it would be a waste to try and convert him especially when you'll also have the likes of Manu Garcia, Brahim and Kelechi Iheanacho all fighting for that CAM spot/s if they get moved up a group.

just remember the kid is only 16 so is performing consistently well against players one or two years his senior and at such a vital stage in development the increased game time can only aid his progression it'd be silly to risk stunting such a progression at this stage although saying that he doesn't play as an out and out striker he strikes me as a more of a 'false-nine' type player who sits behind the striker anyway it just so happens that he can play as the focal point of an attack as well
If he continues like this, i was thinking that he could be moved to the u21's and Faour could be moved to the u18's. Guess that Iheanacho will be playing in the u21.

They're all 16 and city do follow a policy of playing prospects at least one age group above so it wouldn't be unheard of but considering the amount of physical and mental development that goes on during "early adult years" it wouldn't just be the standard of football that would raise he'd be playing against more physically developed players and if he didn't hit the ground running it might knock his confidence and stunt his development he's enjoying a rich vein of form right now, he looks to be enjoying his football and at his age that's what matters, but on the flip-side I suppose if we really have ambitions of bringing through our youth prospects someone has to really stake a claim for a spot in the team and there is no better way to do that than scoring for fun at youth levels just give it time and see if he can keep this run going

Glauber Berti said:
They're all 16 and city do follow a policy of playing prospects at least one age group above so it wouldn't be unheard of but considering the amount of physical and mental development that goes on during "early adult years" it wouldn't just be the standard of football that would raise he'd be playing against more physically developed players and if he didn't hit the ground running it might knock his confidence and stunt his development he's enjoying a rich vein of form right now, he looks to be enjoying his football and at his age that's what matters, but on the flip-side I suppose if we really have ambitions of bringing through our youth prospects someone has to really stake a claim for a spot in the team and there is no better way to do that than scoring for fun at youth levels just give it time and see if he can keep this run going

I thought he was already 17. If he's 16 then he can stay where he is for another season.

The rag commentators were talking about his physical strength & ability holding off their centre backs, being down to him being that bit older & better developed.

He is two years younger than they are.

He turns 17 at the end of next month unless I'm a year out then I apologise but my point still stands although it might look like a positive moving him up a move to soon could dent his growth confidence is a wonderful thing especially for youngsters he's scoring for fun now and long may it continue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.