Thinking outside the box

Have you not found it strange over the years that pretty much every change made to the NHS or education or any other service gets derided by the opposition and those who work in that service. This is whatever party is in charge. This is all down to self interest by all concerned. Would I pay extra tax that was earmarked for the NHS? Not a chance, would I if everyone else was paying their share possibly, would I if people spending it realised it comes from other working people, definately.

Raising taxes is inherently unfair in today's society because the ones coughing up are the only ones currently doing their fair share.

There was always give and take most government workers realised they were paid relatively lower wages as their pension was ok.
No, i remember nothing like the shit storm Hunt has created.We are not saying though that looking back is the way forward, we are saying the forward needs changing.

The ones coughing up are the ones paying their fair share, it is the likes of Ashley and the corps that dont pay that are the ones being targeted not Mr Smith who has done well for himself. Emily Maitlis has just made a complete buffoon of herself on Newsnight for trying to say that Headmasters, Doctors etc would be targeted until she was shot down

And if anyone comes up with a plan to do it that isn't a fairytale they will get my vote

Unexpected but congrats for realising JC is the way forward.

You know, TFC, for a while now, I've been thinking how closely linked our politics and US politics have gotten and it's not just the odd thing here and there, like it used to be.

Our overseas friends have finally started to see how much they get the pissed ripped out of them and now they're shouting about it. We're much more reserved dealing with the same issues!

None of our politicians would even think about 'Fairtax' as they're very much 'old guard' thinking and we need 'progressive thinking' in order to move society on to being treated with respect.

How much profit in millions or billions does anyone really need and why the drive to grow it at the expense of society?

It's crazy if you ask me!

Agreed blue, the old adage 'the rich get richer' has never been more apt. I'd love to see some fresh ideas, something as a voter you could actually buy into and get behind, but it's the same as it ever was.

I like the idea of the fair tax as it's basically up to you how much you get taxed, when you are tight as a drum like me, I think I'd do alright ;)

And when the driver gets to his destination at 2am and no fucker is there because they all start work at 8am what then? Does he wait till then and if so how does he get back? Does he sit there till 9pm at night? What happens if his journey takes longer than 10 hours?
Like I said things would have to change if they need dropping off then wherever they are going would need to be open, e.g. Most supermarkets are 24 hours so no problem, if journey is more than 10 hours they aren't allowed to drive more than 8 I believe so they'd have to pull over in rest stops. It can be done it's just fundamentally changing the way we do things.

I've always thought that retirement should be phased in, at 61 you drop to a 4 day week, at 62 a 3 day week, 64 a two day week and so on.

I know a few people who died within 6 months of retiring and it was like they had nothing left to live for.
Does the replacement worker get phased IN over 5 years, too?

I know a few people that might not be able to make it on 1 day, 2 days....per week for their first 5 years of gainful employment.

It's not so far out the box in that certain places are trialling it already, but a universal basic income scheme. When you think about it in this modern society having to work just to feed yourselves and your family makes little sense, it's just ingrained in our psyche. All that time and energy could be put to greater use. For example we have people standing on check-outs doing a job you could train a chimp to do, what a massive waste of time.

Give everyone enough to pay the bills and proceed with the automation of menial jobs.

You want extra, nice things, then you work. Start a business without fear of losing everything. Have time to be active, to study, to be parents, volunteer, etc.

This. And free drugs.

Like I said things would have to change if they need dropping off then wherever they are going would need to be open, e.g. Most supermarkets are 24 hours so no problem, if journey is more than 10 hours they aren't allowed to drive more than 8 I believe so they'd have to pull over in rest stops. It can be done it's just fundamentally changing the way we do things.

How about we all stop buying the boatloads of useless plastic shit we don't need. Should cut delivery journeys in half.

So all the workers that get deliveries have to work nights as well? Those lorries you see don't just go to supermarkets. You can drive 10 hours but under your system due to any delays they would have to sit in their lorry from 7am to 9pm and might not get back and have to do it all again. It's not practical I'm afraid mate.

Phase out the petroleum/diesel cars by date certain
Incentivize electrics & further penalize mileage per gallon, monies to transportation infrastructure
Mandate photovoltaic roofs on all new construction
Put tax on processed foods, especially added fats & sugars (even artificial sweeteners)
Remove any taxes on local foods, fruits and vegetables
Open land banks for individual purchase
Make all major city centres and central business districts pedestrian, with only electric public transportation
Remove most non-violent offenders from prison and put them in a work program, doing clean ups, and helping pedestrianize cities and towns
24 months of national service for all
Drastically change the welfare system to root out rampant, systemic abuse
Move away from offensive military forces and steer towards defensive forces and weapons. Having subs and nukes is already a big deterrent!
Promote local and regional energy self sufficiency
Increase taxes on cigarettes, beer and liquor. Direct all funds to NHS programs.
Make university free again, but contingent upon merit and continued success
Create apprenticeships in future trades, incentivize graduation
....as a start.

To me, government should promote society's long term goals while improving the services necessary to aid in that process.

There was always give and take most government workers realised they were paid relatively lower wages as their pension was ok.
No, i remember nothing like the shit storm Hunt has created.We are not saying though that looking back is the way forward, we are saying the forward needs changing.

The ones coughing up are the ones paying their fair share, it is the likes of Ashley and the corps that dont pay that are the ones being targeted not Mr Smith who has done well for himself. Emily Maitlis has just made a complete buffoon of herself on Newsnight for trying to say that Headmasters, Doctors etc would be targeted until she was shot down

Unexpected but congrats for realising JC is the way forward.

I think I may need to wait a bit longer. It will take someone far more brighter than jezza im afraid.

So all the workers that get deliveries have to work nights as well? Those lorries you see don't just go to supermarkets. You can drive 10 hours but under your system due to any delays they would have to sit in their lorry from 7am to 9pm and might not get back and have to do it all again. It's not practical I'm afraid mate.
Truckers love being in their trucks, like tramps in that they both stink, just considerably fatter though. They won't mind waiting either. Xhamster on in their cab. Dick in one hand, meat pie in the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.