This is fantastic

markbmcfc

The BBC deadline day timeline from that memorable day on the 1st September.

Brings it all back.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7590492.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7590492.stm</a>

My rag mates (come on we all have one or two) were shitting it. I've never seen them like that. I kept telling them that there was no way Berbatov would sign for us but they were really worried. One of the funniest and most bizarre days ever. I'm still convinced the rags acted illegally to get Berbatov.

masterwig said:
My rag mates (come on we all have one or two) were shitting it. I've never seen them like that. I kept telling them that there was no way Berbatov would sign for us but they were really worried. One of the funniest and most bizarre days ever. I'm still convinced the rags acted illegally to get Berbatov.

Thank god we didnt get him. Making them pay an extra 10m was a result anyway.

masterwig said:

How could abducting a player on his way for talks with us at the airport and holding a medical with said player without permission from said players parent club having no fee agreed be in any way whatsoever illegal (for the rags)??

1301: I have to be honest, I'm still trying to get my head around the Berbatov to Man City rumours. I mean, can a club in the midst of a takeover still buy a player? And really, Berbatov to Man City? Would that be the most amazing deadline day deal ever?

no mate, that ones still to come......ha

fantastic

2023: "There are deals we're chasing and bids we've put in, I don't know how many will come to a successful resolution. It's always difficult on the last day of the window. As for Berbatov, I'd like the chance to speak to him, but I haven't been afforded that opportunity yet. We're in there trying, though."
Man City manager Mark Hughes on BBC Radio 5 Live

shit, so we were actually deep in trying to sign him untill the rags kidnapped him from the airport?!

2120: Could it really happen that Tottenham won't sign anyone, Manchester City won't sign anyone, and the only transfer left is Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United after all? Would you bet against it? Would you?

Little did they know!

0001: "Every time I have spoken with him he was very sad, crying and asking to leave Spain," said Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon of Robinho.

Oh come on Binho, joining City isn't that bad. Is it?

Cheeky ****.

:0)

Back on topic the rags did sign Berbatwot illegally and spuds silence over it is complicite. If the FA had the balls to investigate independently spuds would be relegated and we'd be fighting the scum for 7th place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.