this is how it feels to be city

One thats hardly heard anymore is

City...clap.clap.clap...City

so iconic :)

That was also the loudest i ever heard the kippax i was a 16yr old kid & it was quite scarey how packed it was that day 47,000 so swales said? I reckon nearly 30,000 in kippax that day on its own
I'd say possibly more. If you look back at pictures or TV footage, it's more rammed than any other game I have seen. The police called fans to come through the gates at the bottom of Kippax not far from touchline because it was that full and they opened the last part of Kippax during game to take the strain as well as fill the platt lane ( you can see this unfolding if you watch the game in youtube. I would guess there was well over 60000 that day easily. What a day though.

Last edited:
Was in Plaza Major last May for the Real Madrid Semi final. I had my wife with me who'd id brought for the trip although she's not a football fan and wasn't going to the game. After an afternoon of listening to all manner of City songs she asks me 'who's Curly Marrow?' When i replied saying i had no idea what she was taliking about she said she heard some City fans singing ' you've got Phil Jones we've got Curly Marrow.'
I used to think it was "Kylie Minogue "
BOOM ,

I'd say possibly more. If you look back at pictures or TV footage, it's more rammed than any other game I have seen. The police called fans to come through the gates at the bottom of Kippax not far from touchline because it was that full and they opened the last part of Kippax during game to take the strain as well as fill the platt lane ( you can see this unfolding if you watch the game in youtube. I would guess there was well over 60000 that day easily. What a day though.
One of my best days at maine rd! Still remember the commentry" oh he's loving every min of it now" as simmo banged the 5th!!! Replayed that game over & over again ;)

One of my best days at maine rd! Still remember the commentry" oh he's loving every min of it now" as simmo banged the 5th!!! Replayed that game over & over again ;)
Me too. Absolutely brilliant day. But I always look back with a bit of sadness due to what was happening at Bradford at exactly the same time. :-(

Me too. Absolutely brilliant day. But I always look back with a bit of sadness due to what was happening at Bradford at exactly the same time. :-(
That was fucking horrible that sight.....I'll never forget seeing that man on fire on the pitch

Yeh i remember getting home & my dad showed me what had happened at bradford it certainly took abit of the gloss off the day mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.