Thomas Lemar

Tell that to Guardiola who likes to use as many creative mids as possible. I'll just put here a starting 11 that won the 2011 CWC vs Santos:
Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago, Alves, Messi.

I'll tell that to Guardiola who continually blamed lack of ruthlessness in the box for our woes last season. "City must buy goals this summer" for example.

It's irrelevant as we are interested in signing Sanchez and/or Mbappe anyway, that's a fact.

It's irrelevant as we are interested in signing Sanchez and/or Mbappe anyway, that's a fact.
Fair point, I'd take both Lemar and Mbappe/Alexis. Who wouldn't?

@Afrenchguy has lately disappeared from this board, maybe he could add something on Lemar's transfer situation?
My latest dialogue with him on B.Silva ended with us signing the player:)

1. He is an out and out winger
2. Arguably Monacos best player last season
3. LEROY SANE
4. Would much rather have Alexis Sanchez who can cover 4 positions for a start

2. Arguably Monacos best player last season
3. LEROY SANE
4. Would much rather have Alexis Sanchez who can cover 4 positions for a start
Not really. Plays it on the left like Silva does on the right. The fullbacks overlap both. Good player who had a fantastic season.

Sanchez is clearly a better . But the argument forgoing younger has some merit.

It's debatable, but I see him as a wing playmaker with a good engine. Even at Monaco he often cuts inside taking N10 positions, mirroring B.Silva's movements on the other flank. IMO he has all abilities needed to play in the middle or, better, shift between center and wing like Iniesta.
3. LEROY SANE
Not so sure that Sane will always play LW. He's a genuine RW, wouldn't be surprised by his return to a 'natural' position. Besides, Lemar and Sane are so different that they wouldn't be straight competitors anyway.

Not really. Plays it on the left like Silva does on the right. The fullbacks overlap both. Good player who had a fantastic season.

Sanchez is clearly a better . But the argument forgoing younger has some merit.

Doubt this report is true. But even if it was, he wouldn't be an alternative to Sanchez surely? Can this guy score 20-35 goals a season like Sanchez? And be the focal point up front? Doubt it.

Doubt this report is true. But even if it was, he wouldn't be an alternative to Sanchez surely? Can this guy score 20-35 goals a season like Sanchez? And be the focal point up front? Doubt it.
I think you are right. It probably has no merit.

No, he wouldn't. More a playmaker than a goalscorer. 11 goals + 14 assists in 38 games this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.