Throwing Good Money After Bad

Mike D

If reports are to believed then Mark Hughes will be given money to spend in January and time to get us out at the moment. Despite inheriting a team that had finished top 10 last term and qaulified for Europe (allbeit through the back door), and then adding a further £60mil + this side still isn't good enough in old Hughes's eyes.

When most managers would be relishing the opportunity and pushing the team on for a top 6 and an automatic europe finish at the bare minumum. So why are we sitting third bottom a point of safety have a sulky managers who has alienated 4 of his senior players already and probably more that we don't know about.

For me all this doesn't make sense I'm all for giving managers time to settle in but is throwing more money into the pot just a recipe for disaster. Who do we buy at the over inflated prices that we are gonna have to pay in a fit of desperation to bail us out of our predicament. If we trying to build a successful for the future then why are we giving a manager who not only has issues with his players but with the very people who work all week and turn up come rain come shine to watch his team selections perform more money to fritter away.

Its all a bit like band aid for me yes we spend more money and get out of it but ask yourselves is that right solution is that resolving the teams issues. Is the problem not the man coming cap in hand for yet more money to replace all those players he's alienated so they can be forced out the door at knock down prices and save his face?

At the time I was appalled at the treatment Sven got from Frank, even though the second half of the season was as bad as
Hughes first half. To be fair though it was Sven who bought out of desperation. Remember at the time Sven was buying players from videos, this I would call desperation. Martin Petrov was a fantastic buy and Bojinov is a maybe. Elano had had a great first half of the season but petered out in the second half. Sven knew his squad was not good enough and wanted to spend huge amounts to correct this. Mark Hughes has come in and has bought very well. SWP, Kompany, Zaballeta are all Hughes signings and have been our best players along with a dramatically improved Stevie Ireland ( if only our other players showed the same attitude) and a world class Robinho.
We should build a team around these 5 players and get rid of all the players that are
1) Not good enough
2) Not prepared to show the right attitude.

We have a deep rooted losing mentality at our club and it needs cutting out and changed for our future success.

I did not want Hughes as our manager when he was appointed but he is here now. I have faith in hughes in the transfer market and at the very least ask you to give him time to cut out this losing mentality and turn us into a professional winning team. Once this is done and we are on the verge of champions league we will look a better prospect for the superstar players and if necessary a superstar manager.

waterfootblues said:
At the time I was appalled at the treatment Sven got from Frank, even though the second half of the season was as bad as
Hughes first half. To be fair though it was Sven who bought out of desperation. Remember at the time Sven was buying players from videos, this I would call desperation. Martin Petrov was a fantastic buy and Bojinov is a maybe. Elano had had a great first half of the season but petered out in the second half. Sven knew his squad was not good enough and wanted to spend huge amounts to correct this. Mark Hughes has come in and has bought very well. SWP, Kompany, Zaballeta are all Hughes signings and have been our best players along with a dramatically improved Stevie Ireland ( if only our other players showed the same attitude) and a world class Robinho.
We should build a team around these 5 players and get rid of all the players that are
1) Not good enough
2) Not prepared to show the right attitude.

We have a deep rooted losing mentality at our club and it needs cutting out and changed for our future success.

I did not want Hughes as our manager when he was appointed but he is here now. I have faith in hughes in the transfer market and at the very least ask you to give him time to cut out this losing mentality and turn us into a professional winning team. Once this is done and we are on the verge of champions league we will look a better prospect for the superstar players and if necessary a superstar manager.

So by your estimates we've only got 5 good players in the squad and we need another 20+ players to have a good team.

Get to **** *** ******* **** ****** **** .

Yes!
Robinho, SWP, Kompany, Ireland and Zaballeta are the only players who are good enough and are showing the right attitude to get us where we want to be....

The Champions league.

We have too many with a losing mentality

That the same losing mentality as some of our players.
We are building a team to get us to the Champions league.
The position we find ourselves in is painful but necessary to get where we want to go.
We have found out players we thought were good and we cherished have not got the winning mentality.
The players in question will never be winners unless they change.
Clear out the losers and bring in the winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.