Ticket allocations to branches

Can I clarify something. Is @oakiecokie saying that those with the required points get their ticket via the club through the normal channels (phone / online) whilst those without the correct number of points receive via the branch? So for instance someone with 19,000 points called the club whilst someone on 10,000 collected their ticket via the branch. Am I correct?
That what he's saying and I believe the official advice from the OSC is that branches do just this and that members with high points apply directly to the club.

It really is time this nonsense stopped once and for all.

Can I clarify something. Is @oakiecokie saying that those with the required points get their ticket via the club through the normal channels (phone / online) whilst those without the correct number of points receive via the branch? So for instance someone with 19,000 points called the club whilst someone on 10,000 collected their ticket via the branch. Am I correct?
Yes it could happen and probably does.Someone with 3500 points or less could even be successful in obtaining a ticket via their Branch,at the expense of someone who has approx 19000 points.
Thats not for the Branches to question,as I`ve stated ,thats for the Executive Committee to determine with the Club,how best to distribute tickets,based on the number of tickets allocated to all Branches.
Thats why we join and run Branches to hopefully receive a small allocation of away tickets for fans/supporters who normally wouldn`t stand a chance of getting to any away games.
As a Branch we do do a lot of Local Charity work, organise Q & A Sessions with ex City Players and the like,and have a great working relationship with our Local Newspaper to promote both our Club & Branch. We`re not alone in this,as many of our Branches do exactly the same.
Its worth £10 membership to join any local Branch and receive the benefits.
This is nothing new as Supporters Branches have been going for decades.

Yes it could happen and probably does.Someone with 3500 points or less could even be successful in obtaining a ticket via their Branch,at the expense of someone who has approx 19000 points.
Thats not for the Branches to question,as I`ve stated ,thats for the Executive Committee to determine with the Club,how best to distribute tickets,based on the number of tickets allocated to all Branches.
Thats why we join and run Branches to hopefully receive a small allocation of away tickets for fans/supporters who normally wouldn`t stand a chance of getting to any away games.
As a Branch we do do a lot of Local Charity work, organise Q & A Sessions with ex City Players and the like,and have a great working relationship with our Local Newspaper to promote both our Club & Branch. We`re not alone in this,as many of our Branches do exactly the same.
Its worth £10 membership to join any local Branch and receive the benefits.
This is nothing new as Supporters Branches have been going for decades.
I am not slating the work of the branches but for years many branches have denied that this is what is happening yet you have actually admitted this is the case. Last year I managed to buy 2 tickets for Bournemouth and I had around 15k points at the time, this year at just under 16k I was nowhere near. I accept that this is a combination of a Monday night game, less demand etc but if all the branches are working in this way then maybe just maybe the distribution of tickets needs to be looked at. Surely if the criteria is published and a branch asks for 10 tickets then those members with the correct number of points should then be allowed to purchase via the club. If they then want to give their tickets away then that's up to them but in the current scenario it seems that those on the higher number of points gain whilst those on a lower number don't increase their points but they don't have to anyway as the branch will see them right

I am not slating the work of the branches but for years many branches have denied that this is what is happening yet you have actually admitted this is the case. Last year I managed to buy 2 tickets for Bournemouth and I had around 15k points at the time, this year at just under 16k I was nowhere near. I accept that this is a combination of a Monday night game, less demand etc but if all the branches are working in this way then maybe just maybe the distribution of tickets needs to be looked at. Surely if the criteria is published and a branch asks for 10 tickets then those members with the correct number of points should then be allowed to purchase via the club. If they then want to give their tickets away then that's up to them but in the current scenario it seems that those on the higher number of points gain whilst those on a lower number don't increase their points but they don't have to anyway as the branch will see them right
I don`t know why anyone would deny that this does not exist and why should we as a Branch want too ? All our Members know exactly what happens and thats why we TELL them to apply directly to the Club if they have the necessary points,so as not to take tickets away from those who might miss out.
Just because we may have a wants list of 10,doesn`t mean we get 10 and usually we may only get 4.Thats when we as a Branch decide the best way to allocate them between those Members who have applied.
I cannot talk about other Branches and how they operate as its fuck all to do with us.However that is why you as an individual should a join a Local Branch and pay your £10 or whatever they decide to charge,to get onto a scheme whereby tickets could be made available.We could not receive any tickets for the first 6 months,but we knew the rules and accepted it and IMO thats how it should be.
I don`t accept your theory that only those on the higher points receive them at the expense of Members with lower points,certainly that isn`t the case in our Branch.I`d be very naive to state it didn`t happen,but thats down to that individual Branch.
As a Committee for the Mid Cheshire Branch,we are only here to do our best for our Members as its their Branch and as I`ve said we are only the custodians and we openly and honestly treat each members as an individual.
I think any Mid Cheshire blue who is on this Forum would confirm this.
I`m not here to preach to the gospel,as its a very sticky and tricky way for the Exec.Committee to determine who gets what allocation,I`m only telling you what our Branch does in openess and fairness to our Members.

I don`t know why anyone would deny that this does not exist and why should we as a Branch want too ? All our Members know exactly what happens and thats why we TELL them to apply directly to the Club if they have the necessary points,so as not to take tickets away from those who might miss out.
Just because we may have a wants list of 10,doesn`t mean we get 10 and usually we may only get 4.Thats when we as a Branch decide the best way to allocate them between those Members who have applied.
I cannot talk about other Branches and how they operate as its fuck all to do with us.However that is why you as an individual should a join a Local Branch and pay your £10 or whatever they decide to charge,to get onto a scheme whereby tickets could be made available.We could not receive any tickets for the first 6 months,but we knew the rules and accepted it and IMO thats how it should be.
I don`t accept your theory that only those on the higher points receive them at the expense of Members with lower points,certainly that isn`t the case in our Branch.I`d be very naive to state it didn`t happen,but thats down to that individual Branch.
As a Committee for the Mid Cheshire Branch,we are only here to do our best for our Members as its their Branch and as I`ve said we are only the custodians and we openly and honestly treat each members as an individual.
I think any Mid Cheshire blue who is on this Forum would confirm this.
I`m not here to preach to the gospel,as its a very sticky and tricky way for the Exec.Committee to determine who gets what allocation,I`m only telling you what our Branch does in openess and fairness to our Members.
So let's say you have 5 members on 20k and 5 on 10k who all want to go to Watford. You would say that the 5 on 20k apply through the club and that as a branch you will apply for 5 in the hope that you receive them although you may receive 0 or 3 etc. Let's say you receive 3 via the club which go to those on 10k and the other 5 buy them as normal. Who gets the points for the three tickets and why should they receive tickets and not someone on 17.5k who misses out as they aren't a member of a branch

So let's say you have 5 members on 20k and 5 on 10k who all want to go to Watford. You would say that the 5 on 20k apply through the club and that as a branch you will apply for 5 in the hope that you receive them although you may receive 0 or 3 etc. Let's say you receive 3 via the club which go to those on 10k and the other 5 buy them as normal. Who gets the points for the three tickets and why should they receive tickets and not someone on 17.5k who misses out as they aren't a member of a branch
You can only apply for one lot of tickets for that individual and thats why every City fan has a "number for life" which must be used when applying for tickets.Those numbers are linked via the Portal from the Main Exec Committee to the Club Ticket Office and this would be flagged up,if someone tried to duplicate an order.
You are forgetting a main part of the topic from our Branch ... the Members decided at the AGM`s to implement this format of how tickets are distributed NOT THE COMMITTEE and to date it has worked extremely well.
The member with the higher points total on his/her ST or Citizen Card within the Branch do NOT get preference over those with lesser points.The new Members who join our Branch are told about this from day one and unfortunately if they don`t like it they can always ask for a change at the AGM.Three years and not one argument on this subject.
We must be doing something right Eds. ;)

You can only apply for one lot of tickets for that individual and thats why every City fan has a "number for life" which must be used when applying for tickets.Those numbers are linked via the Portal from the Main Exec Committee to the Club Ticket Office and this would be flagged up,if someone tried to duplicate an order.
You are forgetting a main part of the topic from our Branch ... the Members decided at the AGM`s to implement this format of how tickets are distributed NOT THE COMMITTEE and to date it has worked extremely well.
The member with the higher points total on his/her ST or Citizen Card within the Branch do NOT get preference over those with lesser points.The new Members who join our Branch are told about this from day one and unfortunately if they don`t like it they can always ask for a change at the AGM.Three years and not one argument on this subject.
I am confused now. If those with higher numbers buy directly from the club and if the branch has no other members who could qualify how can you apply for tickets? I am not having a go at you or the branch just the apparent abuse of the system. If the club were more transparent about ticket distribution it might help matters. Take the Watford game for which we received just 2,098 tickets. The info states that the following groups will receive an allocation: Supporters, seasonal hospitality supporters, football management, players, club partners and the MCFC supporters club. What it doesn't tell you is how many tickets each group receives and how many will go on actual sale to fans who need points.

I am confused now. If those with higher numbers buy directly from the club and if the branch has no other members who could qualify how can you apply for tickets? I am not having a go at you or the branch just the apparent abuse of the system. If the club were more transparent about ticket distribution it might help matters. Take the Watford game for which we received just 2,098 tickets. The info states that the following groups will receive an allocation: Supporters, seasonal hospitality supporters, football management, players, club partners and the MCFC supporters club. What it doesn't tell you is how many tickets each group receives and how many will go on actual sale to fans who need points.
We wouldn`t apply.We only apply for those people who ask for away tickets and therefore we aren`t taking away unnecessary tickets from the quota allocated for the Branches.
Hope that makes sense mate.
As for the info ref which groups gets what %, I have no idea Eds.

Why would you get any argument from them when they have an opportunity to jump up a ladder they have no right to for the princely sum of £10?
It's cheating non supporters club fans out of getting a ticket in exactly the same way that city in the city does.
You can dress it up all you like but that's the way it is and it's a frankly disgraceful thing to be doing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.