Ticket queues in Glasgow

Anyone with a modicum of commonsense could've foreseen what was going to happen with the ticket collection process for Celtic. It was widely predicted on here beforehand that this wouldn't run as smoothly as the average European away game due to the majority of people landing in Glasgow on the afternoon of the match as opposed to more staggered arrivals over 2 days for matches on the continent. To this end, I fully expected the club to employ far more staff than usual to help keep queue times to a minimum. The fact that they didn't is nothing short of astonishing and while I missed the game due to being away on holiday, I read the stories on here of 2 hour-plus queues (much of that time spent in the pissing rain) on Wednesday afternoon and evening with ever-increasing exasperation and anger.

It's said that people at the club regularly monitor this forum so how on earth did they not pick up on the widespread concern that it wouldn't run as smoothly for Celtic as for other European aways and therefore put additional measures in place to ensure it was as hassle-free as possible? You'd have to be on another planet to not think it would be an issue. Or totally removed from reality (which some people at the club clearly are going off this whole sorry episode)

Last edited:
Nothing to do with safety, terrorism, or any of that bullshit they may come out with.
It's about City controlling you.
They would like you all to go on official trips where they/sponsors can make money and of course you get your ticket onboard.
I have heard many people say I might try and upgrade to corporate next season to avoid this inconvenience.
They want you to do this.
People will go on official trips for ease, who wants to waste a couple of hours traipsing around a foreign City to pick up tickets.
If we get to he final in Cardiff, how many coaches will they run, loads and loads and how many people would go on them to avoid
a nightmare collection in Cardiff.
If the official trips weren't so expensive people would use them . We have booked flights and hotels for 2 nights for the gladbach game cheaper than a 1 night stay for 1 on an official trip .

First day back at work having got back last night from Glasgow. Great trip, great mates and a great occasion. However, here's my take on the subject of this thread.

The farcical collection process has fuck all to do with points whores, the club could give less that 2 shits about that issue. Anyone who believes this bullshit needs to give their heads a wobble.

No, its about CONTROL.

Its about keeping the supporters off the piss for a couple of hours, then just hoping they then wander off to the ground suitably "sobered" by the collection experience. Its about treating us like cattle, not human beings. Its about control of names, numbers, addresses and behaviour.

The "independent" traveller is being squeezed out and forced onto buses or Club Sponsors planes. They don't want us in foreign Cities for days on end with little or no supervision. They want us in and out, preferably same day. They don't want the likes of us working class supporters spoiling the "experience" for Johnny Corporate and his band of hangers on. They don't want regular Joe swigging lager and singing slightly offensive songs to the locals, they want Champagne Charlie quaffing Pimms with sponsors and the UEFA family.

It's all about changing the demographic of our European travelling support. A few of us old farts being pissed off with Lisa Eaton et al and piss wet through, is just collateral damage, and a price worth paying to sanitise the mob.

This will be coming to a Premier League away match near you soon my friends, absolutely guaranteed.

It's shameful that our working class game is now the day trip of choice for free loaders, toffs and hooray fucking Henries. As for European aways, I've now had my fill. After many years of enjoyment, thats it. They win. I give up.

But I'll be there at Spuds. Drinking my pint, eating a rancid pie, singing my heart out for MY club. If you're going, take a look around you, take a look at the new faces, the blazers and accents. The I-Phone in hand tweeters, the guy next to you who would probably have been a mate of yours last season, but the tickets gone elsewhere this year. Enjoy it, because within a couple of years, it will be a thing of the past and you'll be watching it in the pub, just like many other previous away day match going Blues.

Fucking sickens me.

took me about 20 minutes to get through when we arrived (on the 3 coaches) at around 1pm
after a somewhat interesting interaction with the red haired girl at the desk (where I told her what to do) inside the fish market then spent about half an hour in the bar opposite the entrance waiting for the rest of our crew to be processed - any opprtunity for a beer....

First day back at work having got back last night from Glasgow. Great trip, great mates and a great occasion. However, here's my take on the subject of this thread.

The farcical collection process has fuck all to do with points whores, the club could give less that 2 shits about that issue. Anyone who believes this bullshit needs to give their heads a wobble.

No, its about CONTROL.

Its about keeping the supporters off the piss for a couple of hours, then just hoping they then wander off to the ground suitably "sobered" by the collection experience. Its about treating us like cattle, not human beings. Its about control of names, numbers, addresses and behaviour.

The "independent" traveller is being squeezed out and forced onto buses or Club Sponsors planes. They don't want us in foreign Cities for days on end with little or no supervision. They want us in and out, preferably same day. They don't want the likes of us working class supporters spoiling the "experience" for Johnny Corporate and his band of hangers on. They don't want regular Joe swigging lager and singing slightly offensive songs to the locals, they want Champagne Charlie quaffing Pimms with sponsors and the UEFA family.

It's all about changing the demographic of our European travelling support. A few of us old farts being pissed off with Lisa Eaton et al and piss wet through, is just collateral damage, and a price worth paying to sanitise the mob.

This will be coming to a Premier League away match near you soon my friends, absolutely guaranteed.

It's shameful that our working class game is now the day trip of choice for free loaders, toffs and hooray fucking Henries. As for European aways, I've now had my fill. After many years of enjoyment, thats it. They win. I give up.

But I'll be there at Spuds. Drinking my pint, eating a rancid pie, singing my heart out for MY club. If you're going, take a look around you, take a look at the new faces, the blazers and accents. The I-Phone in hand tweeters, the guy next to you who would probably have been a mate of yours last season, but the tickets gone elsewhere this year. Enjoy it, because within a couple of years, it will be a thing of the past and you'll be watching it in the pub, just like many other previous away day match going Blues.

Fucking sickens me.
The future is here and written by Dodge

It's probably why some posters welcome all this, just see how many post about our fans being louts, pissed farts and coke heads, forgetting that the vast majority just want to go and have a good time with their family and friends and cause no bother.

But we are a city that's been built upon standing up to the oppressors and we should do that rather than give in

I've just looked on the OS.

No apology from the club.
No explanation about what went wrong.
No assurances this won't happen again.
Nothing about a review of the whole process.
Nothing about lessons have been learnt.
But as usual, just silence from the club, while the highly paid execs and managers below them point the finger at each other, and play the blame game.
If the club are bothered, they never show it anymore. And that policy can only come from the very top at City. Our owner, our Chairman, our CEO, the Board of Directors.
A club that once talked and interacted with it's fan's, no longer want's too.(unless it's to incresse revenue)

Last edited:
The future is here and written by Dodge

It's probably why some posters welcome all this, just see how many post about our fans being louts, pissed farts and coke heads, forgetting that the vast majority just want to go and have a good time with their family and friends and cause no bother.

But we are a city that's been built upon standing up to the oppressors and we should do that rather than give in

There's louts, pissed farts & coke heads in most pubs on a Friday night, but that doesn't make all pub goers the same, and it certainly doesn't apply to 99% of match going Blues. Most of the apologists probably haven't suffered the system and you'd have to look long & hard in that wet queue in Glasgow to find anyone approvingly mentioning how good it was that the points whore issue is now sorted.

That's because, as I've said, its nothing do with that issue.

But, you're right we shouldn't give in and I'll be happy to stand along side you at the first protest my friend..

IMHO the whole system is badly thought out and could with, some investment in technology to make it better and more efficient. Firstly all membership cards should be printed with the holder's picture which has to be shown, to a club official, at a barrier set-up around the away entrance. The club could even invest in portable NFC readers that ticket holders would pass through using their membership cards, just like at the Etihad. Logistics would be easy, send a transporter out a few days before with the team to set it up. The identification queues wouldn't be any bigger than the turnstiles queues. If the club value their travelling support then then must make it better and easier

Reading the posts above then maybe they don't

Nothing to do with safety, terrorism, or any of that bullshit they may come out with.
It's about City controlling you.
They would like you all to go on official trips where they/sponsors can make money and of course you get your ticket onboard.
I have heard many people say I might try and upgrade to corporate next season to avoid this inconvenience.
They want you to do this.
People will go on official trips for ease, who wants to waste a couple of hours traipsing around a foreign City to pick up tickets.
If we get to he final in Cardiff, how many coaches will they run, loads and loads and how many people would go on them to avoid
a nightmare collection in Cardiff.

Tell them not to bother mate. My mates are corporate season ticket holders and were queuing with the rest of us.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.