Ticket queues in Glasgow

The Gladbach game will be interesting. Where will the main collection point be? I know some are going to Cologne first and some staying in Dussledorf.
I assume they will chose Gladbach as the place to collect but we will already be missing out as cost 0f trains from airport to Dussledorf and from Dussledorf to gladbach is covered by your match ticket on match day.
Last time we were directed to a small town outside Gladbach before the game,train fare covered by match ticket, where a 'fans zone was supposed to be but just pubs and bars really and then bussed to the ground.
Can see another thread looming after that game.
I am sure individual fans would have contacted the club about this farce but the clubs silence is baffling.

There's louts, pissed farts & coke heads in most pubs on a Friday night, but that doesn't make all pub goers the same, and it certainly doesn't apply to 99% of match going Blues. Most of the apologists probably haven't suffered the system and you'd have to look long & hard in that wet queue in Glasgow to find anyone approvingly mentioning how good it was that the points whore issue is now sorted.

That's because, as I've said, its nothing do with that issue.

But, you're right we shouldn't give in and I'll be happy to stand along side you at the first protest my friend..
I'll let you know where we are setting the barricades

First day back at work having got back last night from Glasgow. Great trip, great mates and a great occasion. However, here's my take on the subject of this thread.

The farcical collection process has fuck all to do with points whores, the club could give less that 2 shits about that issue. Anyone who believes this bullshit needs to give their heads a wobble.

No, its about CONTROL.

Its about keeping the supporters off the piss for a couple of hours, then just hoping they then wander off to the ground suitably "sobered" by the collection experience. Its about treating us like cattle, not human beings. Its about control of names, numbers, addresses and behaviour.

The "independent" traveller is being squeezed out and forced onto buses or Club Sponsors planes. They don't want us in foreign Cities for days on end with little or no supervision. They want us in and out, preferably same day. They don't want the likes of us working class supporters spoiling the "experience" for Johnny Corporate and his band of hangers on. They don't want regular Joe swigging lager and singing slightly offensive songs to the locals, they want Champagne Charlie quaffing Pimms with sponsors and the UEFA family.

It's all about changing the demographic of our European travelling support. A few of us old farts being pissed off with Lisa Eaton et al and piss wet through, is just collateral damage, and a price worth paying to sanitise the mob.

This will be coming to a Premier League away match near you soon my friends, absolutely guaranteed.

It's shameful that our working class game is now the day trip of choice for free loaders, toffs and hooray fucking Henries. As for European aways, I've now had my fill. After many years of enjoyment, thats it. They win. I give up.

But I'll be there at Spuds. Drinking my pint, eating a rancid pie, singing my heart out for MY club. If you're going, take a look around you, take a look at the new faces, the blazers and accents. The I-Phone in hand tweeters, the guy next to you who would probably have been a mate of yours last season, but the tickets gone elsewhere this year. Enjoy it, because within a couple of years, it will be a thing of the past and you'll be watching it in the pub, just like many other previous away day match going Blues.

Fucking sickens me.
Very well put . Unfortunately I think u are right with what you say . I will be at spurs on Sunday so I will take a look around me .

I'll let you know where we are setting the barricades

I'll do point and man the machine gun..

The thing is, and this really gets my goat because it's a direct comparison. I've got friends here in Leicester who had the same collection scenario in Bruges. They had no queues, plenty of LCFC staff in attendance (I'm told 20 plus) and LCFC club stewards meeting and greeting supporters. 5 minutes it took. 5 minutes. They weren't required to wear wristbands, just collect a ticket and show ID.

It maybe because their adventure in the Chumps League is shiny & new, but come on, why do we get treated so shabbily when other clubs do it so much better?

It really does make you wonder..

The thing is, and this really gets my goat because it's a direct comparison. I've got friends here in Leicester who had the same collection scenario in Bruges. They had no queues, plenty of LCFC staff in attendance (I'm told 20 plus) and LCFC club stewards meeting and greeting supporters. 5 minutes it took. 5 minutes. They weren't required to wear wristbands, just collect a ticket and show ID.

It maybe because their adventure in the Chumps League is shiny & new, but come on, why do we get treated so shabbily when other clubs do it so much better?

Funnily enough my head office is in Leicester. I know some who went over but we've not had time to compare notes yet.
Perhaps their fan base aren't the apparent thugs we seem to be?

As the oppressed I don't think we actually are allowed machine guns? I think the idea is that they have the machine guns to mow the lower classes down as they see fit.
I'll put your name down for the front row to be heroically mown down first

Nothing to do with safety, terrorism, or any of that bullshit they may come out with.
It's about City controlling you.
They would like you all to go on official trips where they/sponsors can make money and of course you get your ticket onboard.
I have heard many people say I might try and upgrade to corporate next season to avoid this inconvenience.
They want you to do this.
People will go on official trips for ease, who wants to waste a couple of hours traipsing around a foreign City to pick up tickets.
If we get to he final in Cardiff, how many coaches will they run, loads and loads and how many people would go on them to avoid
a nightmare collection in Cardiff.
Won't do it for the final if/when we get there

First day back at work having got back last night from Glasgow. Great trip, great mates and a great occasion. However, here's my take on the subject of this thread.

The farcical collection process has fuck all to do with points whores, the club could give less that 2 shits about that issue. Anyone who believes this bullshit needs to give their heads a wobble.

No, its about CONTROL.

Its about keeping the supporters off the piss for a couple of hours, then just hoping they then wander off to the ground suitably "sobered" by the collection experience. Its about treating us like cattle, not human beings. Its about control of names, numbers, addresses and behaviour.

The "independent" traveller is being squeezed out and forced onto buses or Club Sponsors planes. They don't want us in foreign Cities for days on end with little or no supervision. They want us in and out, preferably same day. They don't want the likes of us working class supporters spoiling the "experience" for Johnny Corporate and his band of hangers on. They don't want regular Joe swigging lager and singing slightly offensive songs to the locals, they want Champagne Charlie quaffing Pimms with sponsors and the UEFA family.

It's all about changing the demographic of our European travelling support. A few of us old farts being pissed off with Lisa Eaton et al and piss wet through, is just collateral damage, and a price worth paying to sanitise the mob.

This will be coming to a Premier League away match near you soon my friends, absolutely guaranteed.

It's shameful that our working class game is now the day trip of choice for free loaders, toffs and hooray fucking Henries. As for European aways, I've now had my fill. After many years of enjoyment, thats it. They win. I give up.

But I'll be there at Spuds. Drinking my pint, eating a rancid pie, singing my heart out for MY club. If you're going, take a look around you, take a look at the new faces, the blazers and accents. The I-Phone in hand tweeters, the guy next to you who would probably have been a mate of yours last season, but the tickets gone elsewhere this year. Enjoy it, because within a couple of years, it will be a thing of the past and you'll be watching it in the pub, just like many other previous away day match going Blues.

Fucking sickens me.

paranoid nonsense.

My brother is a season tkt holder at Leicester and couldn't fault the process in Brugge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.