Tickets and Travel Costs 2012/13 is SUPERBIA a bargain????

kimbo said:
I forgot to add the 60 points he got from Wolfsberg, so with his cup final points he will be 2,270 points up from the end of last season. If he was on the same amount of points as me last season he would now be 270 points better off with his platignum card.
I don't get it
Are you saying that you get no points added for the away games, or do you get points added at gold level?

Points get added at gold level and after 5 or 6 games they get deducted to put me back to square one.

Thanks for your posts. It prompted me to check my points. I checked from the charity shield game onwards. I have had 2,575 points added but manual adjustments made knocking off 530 points leaving a balance of 2,045. I suspect they will make another adjustment to balance back to 2,000 points. I have checked my sons points for the same ref period. He has has 2,150 added for the same period. I had assumed 2,000 points was a good deal until I checked.

I agree the cost of the ticket is a rip off. I justified it in my own mind 1). e mail before they go on sale giving me the chance to get more tickets 2). No hassle 3). No post cost or need to call the ticket office 4). Direct Line to the guy who sorts the Superbia tickets 5). Tickets are always in the best available position e.g. front row of upper tier at Chelsea and Spurs. 6). Semi Final and Final tickets are the top price and in a great position. 7). Went in lounge / sat in Directors box for Watford in FA Cup + my normal seat was open for someone else to use 8). Free disk worth £60.

Its given me food for thought at the point of renewal. The ticket is probably very good value if get into the advance stages of most of the competitions (lets hope we do next year).

Regular Joe said:
So to summarise, the answer is "no"
:-)
When Superbia came along, I thought it was aimed at wealthy blues rather than regular fans, with a few perks but no real financial benefits for total commitment. I've not bothered to re-examine since but it seems no different. I'm impressed at how johnbmcr and the rest have itemised the costs etc. I struggle working out my spends on a Friday night special! For Joe Bloggs, stick to Platinum even though, as I see it, it irks me to "pay for points". Amen
ps thought the graphic was handy, johnb!

Re: Tickets and Travel Costs 2013/14 is SUPERBIA a bargain????

In 2012/13 year there were many posts about how much it cost you to follow city with the implicit question ‘SUPERBIA is worth it or an expensive trophy ticket?’ to see for myself I totalled up the cost of tickets and travel which in 2013/14 was : £2773.50
Keen to see what I blown this year did the exercise again
So far for me the BEST AWAY GAMES
Munich, Newcastle, Fulham, MU and Leicester
WORST:
Liverpool, Sunderland, Cardiff and Chelsea

BEST HOME GAMES
So far MU Norwich Watford Everton hopefully West Ham when we win the league
WORST:
Liverpool and Chelsea

BEST BURGER but maybe for the last time?
Fulham from the house in the park as you walk to the ground but maybe for the last time?
WORST
Chelsea and ours both crap.
TRAINS FIRMS
Good First Transpennine Express
OK : Virgin Cross Country
Crap Northern
Grateful thanx to @northerngent for putting me up when homeless in London

Cash Reconciliation
My spending on tickets this season includes
• My Season Card
• Away Games ( all bar Swansea new year )
• Euro Games (all home, two away)
• FA cup (all home and away games)
• Capitol One Cup (all home and away games and the final )
• Not accounted for is food and drink as I had to do that anyway
Bizarrely this year with more away games my total spend on match tickets will be: £1656

Travel which was by:
• Bike or walking ( free)
• Taxi
• Oyster card when in London
• Rail or flights booked in advance, with the odd foray into first class or extra leg room

My travel costs this year were greatly helped by Dr BOBS card so cheaper that 2012/13 will total £1088.50
I got back about £120 in refunds from late trains also £66.26 (Seasoncard ÷ 19) for two home games I missed being away on hols.
So Final figures with more away games and travel it was cheaper overall than last year !!!! £2546.50

Reflections
So still a big NO NO NO- NO- NO to suburbia there are limits
1. My total spend would just about cover the ticket I would still need + £1330 for the travel making the total cost around £4,000
My conclusions are.
1. SUPERBIA is way over priced by at least £1000- £1200 and therefore not value for money
2. The cup schemes are value for money. Extra points no problems getting tickets Many times during pre season I recall De Niro urging people to sign up. The evidence is irrefutable you must act on his advice for season 2014/15 Do it now, right here right now!

Finally a word on the value of Blue Moon despite the moaners, gripers, those who are perpetually disappointed and the few idiots named and shamed this season, The Blue Moon Ticket and Travel Exchange works a real treat and I used it to great effect in 2103/14 : may it and MCFC live long and prosper.

2i9ea.jpg

squirtyflower said:
kimbo said:
I forgot to add the 60 points he got from Wolfsberg, so with his cup final points he will be 2,270 points up from the end of last season. If he was on the same amount of points as me last season he would now be 270 points better off with his platignum card.
I don't get it
Are you saying that you get no points added for the away games, or do you get points added at gold level?
I rang up about this and they said any shortfall in points will be add to the superbia supporter at the end of the season. So I'm wondering now did you get the extra 270 added on

Re: Tickets and Travel Costs 2013/14 is SUPERBIA a bargain?

johnbmcr said:
In 2012/13 there were many posts about how much it cost you to follow city with the implicit question ‘SUPERBIA is worth it or an expensive trophy ticket?’ to see for myself I totalled up the cost of tickets and travel which in 2013/14 was
: £2773.50
For 2014/15 it will be:
£2,919.00

travel mainly by rail
apartments in Germany and Spain
cheap flights on odd days and one car trip to Burnley ( less said about the fee coach the better)

that includes two euro trips all the home CL games the city live event charity shield League and FA cup games home and away and all the away games this year ( added what I think Swansea will work out at )

so up a bit but not much still cheaper overall than
superbia

Finally usual praise on the value of Blue Moon despite the moaners, gripers, those who are perpetually disappointed and the increasingly less named and shamed idiots this season, The Blue Moon Ticket and Travel Exchange works a real treat and I used it to great effect in 2104/15 : may it and MCFC live long and prosper.

2i9ea.jpg

Re: Tickets and Travel Costs 2012/13 is SUPERBIA a bargain?

Try going to every game for less than £10k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.