Time to get real!

The Fat el Hombre said:
FORZA CITY said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
No he wouldn't. If Blackburn or West Brom would have made an offer for him, would he have gone there? Or would he have sat it out at Madrid for a bit?

If Blackburn or WBA had offered the same money then I think so yes.

I don't. The difference between us and them is that even if they could afford Robs wages they could afford little more, we can afford LOTS more and players know this. Our possibilities are pretty much limitless and that's the difference. We might not be in the champs league now but it's only a matter of time if we keep throwing money at it.

I don't know why people are writing off our chances off so much. ADUG are still a relatively unkown quantity. They only had one day to do business this year and they put in ridiculous bids for 6 top players, securing a world class superstar in Rob. People keep mentioning Abramovich but these guys operate on a much bigger scale than him, do not underestimate them. Yes there is a chance that we might just get the likes of RSC and Diarra in come Jan (which would be fine), but it's impossible to write anything else off right now cos we don't know what they are capabale of.

It does get me as well,

The Fat el Hombre said:
FORZA CITY said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
No he wouldn't. If Blackburn or West Brom would have made an offer for him, would he have gone there? Or would he have sat it out at Madrid for a bit?

If Blackburn or WBA had offered the same money then I think so yes.

I don't. The difference between us and them is that even if they could afford Robs wages they could afford little more, we can afford LOTS more and players know this. Our possibilities are pretty much limitless and that's the difference. We might not be in the champs league now but it's only a matter of time if we keep throwing money at it.

I don't know why people are writing off our chances off so much. ADUG are still a relatively unkown quantity. They only had one day to do business this year and they put in ridiculous bids for 6 top players, securing a world class superstar in Rob. People keep mentioning Abramovich but these guys operate on a much bigger scale than him, do not underestimate them. Yes there is a chance that we might just get the likes of RSC and Diarra in come Jan (which would be fine), but it's impossible to write anything else off right now cos we don't know what they are capabale of.

Nice responce, but I'd much prefer to sign the players we NEED at the moment which is, as everyone knows, a decent LB, a defensive midfielder and an out and out prolific goalscorer.

FORZA CITY said:
Nice responce, but I'd much prefer to sign the players we NEED at the moment which is, as everyone knows, a decent LB, a defensive midfielder and an out and out prolific goalscorer.

Which could be, say for arguments sake, Taiwo, Diarra and a superstar like Villa? Don't get me wrong I'm not creaming my kecks at the thought of superstars, I want to see us add the right players in the right positions who work well as a team and I think we will. I just wouldn't rule out us signing one or two top class players

Why the hell are so many blues doubting are pulling abillity!?!?

Its not all about the money. The new owners, Cook and Hughes are selling these players the idea of helping be responsible for putting City at the top of the football tree. They can all join AC, Real or Barca etc but they know they are just another cog in the machine that has been working for years. Here they will be able to have the satisfaction of knowing they are part of being a team that is going to cause shockwaves throughout world football from nowhere. This is an oppurtunity that no other club currently can offer them, therefore making us unique.

And the old putdown of "as soon as they see where we are in the league they will turn us down" notion doesn't hold much weight as far as im concerned. They may be footballers but im sure they can even realise we're not exactly 20 points adrift at the bottom! We went down a few places on Sunday without even playing, that can easily be reversed

Everyone seems to love looking at the league table and saying "asif they would join a team so close to relegation" you seriously need to get real... The premiership so far is as close as it has been, you can win two games and be top ten, or loose to and be bottom three. A streak of some good results will lift us to around 10th going into January, then you tell the newly aquired players here we can make a move up the table. It's too early to write any team from a push up the table.

Diarra will add great value, the rest i agree on
shaundickov said:
Right, I've had enough of this bollocks transfer speculation about players that we're definitely not going to sign in January.

Yep, I'm talking about the likes of Warnock, Weater, Heskey, Diarra, Turner, Downing, Bellamy etc.

Get real people. Within 24 hours of our new owners taking over, we had launched bids for Torres, Villa, Robinho, Van Nistelrooy, Eto'o, Messi, etc.

Sheik Mansour wants box office, he's not going to listen to a bloke who plays Vassell on the wing and SWP out of position and stick to bog standard average players. Why would he buy a Ford Focus when he can afford to pay over the odds for a Lambo?

Remember that feeling you got when SSN announced that we had signed Robinho for a British record transfer fee?

Get ready to feel that again very soon.

RobinJo said:
Money talks...

end of.
i agree! Although i still think we would have to win a few games over christmas so it doesnt look as bad when they look at league table!

FORZA CITY said:
avoidconfusion said:
I am not saying we won't ever attract players like this but some people really need to get rid of their illusions of grandeur. We won't be signing any of those players until we created a base team that can consistently gets a top 6 spot.

Agreed. As much as I'd like to see us sign a superstar or 2 we need to get our house in order first by concentrating on the areas which are causing us problems at the moment. Then, if we put a run together and end up with a European place next season, then go for the big guns in the summer to help us fight for a Champions League spot. Things just don't happen over night, not even at Chelsea. They were already playing in Europe year in year out and had established a name for themselves on the pitch before Roman took over.

Both spot on...Balance is key... We nedds crafters n grafters...

It's not about the money we're prepared to pay (although it helps), it's not about our league position. We have a unique chance to sell a vision of being one of the best teams in the world in the not too distant future.

And it's not an unrealistic vision. Robinho wouldn't have come to us if he didn't know that we were going to be a much better side in the near future, Kaka wouldn't give us a second glance if he thought we'd sign him and no-one else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.