Time Travel

It cannot be possible.

If it was possible we'd already know because time travelers would be amongst us or there would be 800 billion people at the Sermon on the Mount.

Also, it violates pretty much every known law of physics.

Those cavaets out of the way, yeah why not?

Wait a minute; are you trying to tell me that Charlton Heston didn't travel forward to a time when Apes were the dominant species?

No Way, I'm simply not having it!

I've time travelled a few times flying from Abu Dhabi (GMT+4) to Doha (GMT+3). Taking off at 12.15pm I arrived around 11.45am.

I also lost a day in my life flying from Los Angeles to Auckland. It was an evening flight on 29th January and the plane crossed the date line at exactly midnight flipping straight into 31st January. As a result 30th January 1998 didn't exist for me.

Bloody flux capacitors.

You missed fuck all, it was a pretty shit day.

Travelling forwards in time is common, I do it frequently. I think it has some connection with wanking. Quite a few times I've had a wank and the next thing I know I've been catapulted 6 hours or so into the future.

I've been reliably informed that I wasn't in fact time travelling, apparently I had just fallen asleep. Tricky fucking stuff this science.

I've been reliably informed that I wasn't in fact time travelling, apparently I had just fallen asleep. Tricky fucking stuff this science.

Dont give up mate, keep on wanking and it will happen. I believe in you

Feck me. Didn't know that we had such educated audience on blue moon. Someone said at the start of the 1900's that. Everything that can be invented has been invented. How wrong was he? For that matter I say time travel is possible. There are some really clever people who I am sure will work it out.

True but backwards time travel is the issue.

The logic nor science of backwards time travel doesn't make any sense. If it were a technology invented in the future at some point then we'd already know because we'd have millions of tourists at Jesus' Crucifixion and other major historical events.

The only possibility is either we invent it at some point in the future to where is becomes a ground zero - nothing can travel further back than the invention of this machine, or we never invent it. I'd guess the second one.

It is a mystery though mate. If the Earth is indeed spinning so fast, why when I jump over our little garden fence don't I land in the miserable cunts garden at the end of the street?
whilst pissed i float sometimes, as stationary objects fly into me whilst i too am stationary

From a current physics point of view future time travel is definitely possible and we know it is because of observable time dilation in GPS satellites. If you tried to travel into the future at close to the speed of light for a specific distance you would come back and the time on Earth will be considerably further in the future. From your point of view however it will be like you had just left so arguably you haven't traveled into the future at all but rather Earth's reference frame sped up whilst your own remained constant.

Traveling back in time however is very different because it is likely to be completely against any hidden fundamental law of nature not to mention it is practically impossible to do without violating the light speed constant, thermodynamics and a hundred other physical laws. Also remember we have never observed anything to travel faster than the speed of light. It doesn't make any practical sense that we could ever travel faster than the speed of light only to later see an image from the past of ourselves traveling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.