Time wasting by players

There should be a big fuck off clock for everyone to see, whenever there is an injury it should be stopped, whenever a goal is scored it should be stopped, for every substitution it should be stopped.

Goal kicks and throw in's are more difficult to deal with.
Difficult to deal with in what way?

To be fair our ball boys helped waste plenty of time yesterday too

They were bloody useless, I agree with poster about time stopping when the ball os out of play. They wasted time from first minute, was disgraceful

Yesterday was bad but beaten by Wet Ham and Madeley last season, I almost had a heart attack was that stressed, the ref seemed to think it funny aswell - ****

Vaguely interesting article on it here, particularly for the following bit of info (from the 2013/14 season). A difference of nearly 27 minutes "ball in play" time between two matches that season. Scandalous IMO:

"Over the last three Premier League seasons the ball has been in play on average for 55 minutes 52 seconds, 56 minutes 22 seconds and 56 minutes 34 seconds respectively. That means over a third of the running time is lost in one way or another.
This season in the Premier League the most the ball was in play was in
Swansea 1-3 Tottenham and that was for 67 minutes 37 seconds. At the other end Stoke fans may have enjoyed beating Aston Villa 2-1 but they saw only 40 minutes and 50 seconds of actual football"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/11/breaking-the-law-injury-time-referees

I don't understand why the premier league do not have multiple balls around the pitch which are thrown to the players when the ball,goes out. This happens in the CL and I did see stats how it increases the amount of time the ball is in play and time wasted.

agree, stop the clock job done it's not hard is it. You might have to change 90 minutes to 80 minutes or 70 minutes by the looks of the above stats but it's something that should have been done 10 years ago

I noticed last year that the junior version of the Champions League had an official time keeper to keep an eye on the clock and he had to decide how much time was to be added on. So why can't we have an official time keeper to decide the amount of time to be added on at the end of each half. In the games that I watched there was at least 3mins added on if not more in some cases as much as 6mins. This certainly cut down on the time wasting by players from both sides.
Would be a great role for Bacon Face to oversee such a change......

You know what? I don't blame em. Do what you can against a superior team to get a result. The fact that they are allowed to get away with it is where my issue lies. Problem is, teams will continue to be allowed to get away with it, because refs are wank for the most part. This is where not fucking gifting them goals might come in handy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.