to Helen and her bell

She was a pain in the arse if you were on the same coach as her to away games. Ruled with an iron fist. Coach A, City travel club.

maineroad68 said:
blueskies2 said:
Helen Helen Ring your bell

Helen

RING YOUR BELL.

legendary City song for a legendary City fan. i remember, aged 7 (me not Helen) seeing her on pitch at wembley in 76 doing the lap of honour with Big Joe and being gutted coz i couldn't be there! she's a part of City history. pull down that shitty B of the bang and replace it with a statue of Helen and her bell!!

I would definately think that would be a great idea along with people who would like their loved ones enscribed on the base of the statue on a ickle name plate. Top Idea, lets get the ball rolling on this. Always brings a smile to my face when you think of Helen and her bell, takes you back..

powersleftfoot said:
She was a pain in the arse if you were on the same coach as her to away games. Ruled with an iron fist. Coach A, City travel club.

Don't i know it!

Although there was one particular occasion when her bell came in quite handy .... the seventies day that an Asa Hartford goal gave us a 1-0 win at win at Stamford Bridge and about twenty of their hooligans tried to board our caoch outside those gasworks there ..... Helen charged to the front and whacked one of em' around the earhole with that bell , and the rest then retreated !

Just as they were about to regroup the calvalry arrived to take charge!

maineroad68 said:
used to love how she'd hand Joe a piece of lucky heather before each game. just wouldn't happen nowadays. glad to have witnessed her and glad i wasn;t sat right next to her!

My grandad had a seat behind in her north stand Drove him bonkers,in a nice way.Great memories.

black mamba said:
powersleftfoot said:

Don't i know it!

Although there was one particular occasion when her bell came in quite handy .... the seventies day that an Asa Hartford goal gave us a 1-0 win at win at Stamford Bridge and about twenty of their hooligans tried to board our caoch outside those gasworks there ..... Helen charged to the front and whacked one of em' around the earhole with that bell , and the rest then retreated !

Thought you would be still glued to the box watching Beyonce mate. :)

Petetheblu said:
black mamba said:
Don't i know it!

Thought you would be still glued to the box watching Beyonce mate. :)

F*ck me ..... didn't even realise she was on ...... i've dropped a right bollock there!!

Mind you i'm hotfootin' it to the game in about ten minutes now.

Grrrrr.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.