Toby Alderweireld

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by City_Sean, 19 Feb 2015.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

Telegraph saying we could make a move for him...Demichelis replacement?

2. sam-caddick

sam-caddick

I must admit I have been quite impressed with this lad at Southampton and as a Demichelis replacement I think he could be a decent option to look at.

Hew is very versatile as well as he can play right back and defensive midfield.

I reckon if we are interested Vinny will have a say with him being Belgian.

3. Bluewonder

Bluewonder

Good player. Should've gone for him this summer.

4. bluechampion7891

bluechampion7891

I would be going for someone who plays like Demicheles in the summer. someone who reads the game first

As for Toby, I do not know whether southampton's system is making him look better than he is or he really is that good (b/c given that he is 25 I can't see Athletico let such a good defender leave if he is as good as its looking)

5. McfcMK

McfcMK

Kompany, Mangala, Alderweireld and Rekik/Denayer next season?

6. bluechampion7891

bluechampion7891

probably boyata due to being club trained

7. LoveCity

LoveCity

Atletico let him go because they had the best central defensive partnership in the world (Godin and Miranda) last season. Now they have one of the best young defenders on the block, Gimenez, so being a selling club will probably let Alderweireld go. But it doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play for us. Indeed, based on this season he is good enough to play for any PL side. Southampton's performances and defensive shape have been among the best in the league and that's why they're, by some miracle (given their resources vs. the competition), still in the top 4. It's always possible a player can unravel with a move to a top side, but Southampton have actually been playing like a top side this season.

8. sam-caddick

sam-caddick

Keep Boyata as 5th choice but use Denayer as 4th choice.

Boyata doesn't play anyway and will only have on year left on his contract at the end of this season, I doubt he will be getting another.

9. Ray78

Ray78

If we can get Alderweireld at the right price then he is a good addition.

10. bluechampion7891

bluechampion7891

having another non HG defender means having 1 less foreign midfielder or forward.