Toby Alderweireld

bluechampion7891 said:
I would be going for someone who plays like Demicheles in the summer. someone who reads the game first

As for Toby, I do not know whether southampton's system is making him look better than he is or he really is that good (b/c given that he is 25 I can't see Athletico let such a good defender leave if he is as good as its looking)

He stood out for Ajax, Madrid have Godin and Miranda who have been together for years, they also had Diaz and the young defender we were linked with, he got a fair few games from what I remember at right back.

Kun Aguero said:
bluechampion7891 said:
I would be going for someone who plays like Demicheles in the summer. someone who reads the game first

As for Toby, I do not know whether southampton's system is making him look better than he is or he really is that good (b/c given that he is 25 I can't see Athletico let such a good defender leave if he is as good as its looking)

He stood out for Ajax, Madrid have Godin and Miranda who have been together for years, they also had Diaz and the young defender we were linked with, he got a fair few games from what I remember at right back.

good. then its a very good option and should not cost a lot.

sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:
McfcMK said:
Kompany, Mangala, Alderweireld and Rekik/Denayer next season?

probably boyata due to being club trained

Keep Boyata as 5th choice but use Denayer as 4th choice.

Boyata doesn't play anyway and will only have on year left on his contract at the end of this season, I doubt he will be getting another.
Aren't Rekik and Denayer home grown? I really don't know how it works.

McfcMK said:
sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Boyata doesn't play anyway and will only have on year left on his contract at the end of this season, I doubt he will be getting another.

rekik possibly, denayer no

McfcMK said:
sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Not totally sure since they are on loan in foreign leagues but either way they will not count for towards the homegrown/foreign rules until they are over 21

Sitka said:
McfcMK said:
sam-caddick said:

Not totally sure since they are on loan in foreign leagues but either way they will not count for towards the homegrown/foreign rules until they are over 21

yeah, in PL it doesnt matter as U21 players need not be registered but for the CL the U21 definition is different so it would matter

Ray78 said:
He was Demichelis' replacement at Atleti.
Yup! I stated at the time that we were silly to buy Demechelis, and hand Athletico the money to buy Toby, when we could have just gone and gotten Toby ourselves for less.

At the time I thought it was a poor decision, even if Demichelis was a good player.

Our front office has lacked long-term common sense for a while now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.