Toby Alderweireld

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
g180aj said:
So assuming we had a director of football who had knowledge of Spain rather than Portugal last summer we could of had
willy £4mill-6
Sagna free
Alderwiereld £8.5mill
Song £10-15mill
Lampard free
bony £19mill
All for around £46.5 mill without any outgoing transfers

Good thing we got the Octopus of Portugal though!

Looks more like a beached whale at times....

Good player, good age for a defender and is comfortable across the back line

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?53477-Man-City-want-Toby#.VOceB2ezXIU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... OceB2ezXIU</a>

Saints fans love him.

Kun Aguero said:
http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?53477-Man-City-want-Toby#.VOceB2ezXIU

Saints fans love him.

What a refreshing change to read an opposition fans forum and find such levelheadedness, grace and an understanding of the reality of all this instead of the usual bile, bullshit and bitterness, fair play to those who've commented on there so far, seem like a decent set of fans.

An impressive player.....he's intelligent and has good athleticism,someone who would do well for us I believe.I remember the suggestions we should be in for him prior to Martins arrival,who,with an extension.......might again scupper any potential new transfer.

Would it be astute to purchase this lad and send Denayer to the Saints?

I don't know, Southampton's system seems to make people look better than they are, I don't know how well he'd do outside of it (or if he'd Lovren it up). Even Jose Fonte is excellent for them, and he was a long time championship standard defender. Ateltico can't have been that impressed if they were willing to loan him out, but they do have 3 excellent CB's already. I don't know, it's hard to tell

BigOscar said:
I don't know, Southampton's system seems to make people look better than they are, I don't know how well he'd do outside of it (or if he'd Lovren it up). Even Jose Fonte is excellent for them, and he was a long time championship standard defender. Ateltico can't have been that impressed if they were willing to loan him out, but they do have 3 excellent CB's already. I don't know, it's hard to tell

It is bud, two ways of looking at this one with a few things, we could even point to the fact they were happy to let MD go and he's turned out great, I think we should see it that as you say in bold (and someone mentioned earlier) they just have excellent choices in this position, and maybe we shouldn't see it as a slight on Alderweirald .

Dirty Harry said:
BigOscar said:

It is bud, two ways of looking at this one with a few things, we could even point to the fact they were happy to let MD go and he's turned out great, I think we should see it that as you say in bold (and someone mentioned earlier) they just have excellent choices in this position, and maybe we shouldn't see it as a sleight on Alderweirald .

I think we should see it as a sleight on Alderweirald.

And if we sign him, I think we should see it as a sleight on City's other defenders.

Alderweireld.

Paul Clennam from Goal.com reporting we are stepping up our interest!

They have been very reliable over te past few windows!

The Belgian defender has impressed while on loan at Southampton this season and Atletico Madrid could cancel their purchase clause in order to sell to the highest bidder

BET=ESP£36DRAW£34ATM£19.1By Paul Clennam

Manchester City are ready to swoop to sign Southampton loanee Toby Alderweireld from Atletico Madrid this summer, Goal understands.

After struggling for game time under Diego Simeone last season, the Belgium international has impressed while on loan with the Saints this term, forming a key part of the Premier League's most miserly defence.

City's director of football, Txiki Begiristain, feels that Alderweireld would be an excellent signing and there is room for the reigning English champions to make a deal happen.

Southampton have the option to sign the centre-back permanently for £6 million at the end of his loan but Atleti could cancel that clause by paying a £1.5m fee, which would then allow them to sell to the highest bidder.

The Spanish side believe that they could extract as much as £14m from City for Alderweireld's signature.

The player himself would be happy to link up with Manuel Pellegrini's side and could yet attempt to force through a deal, with his priority this summer to stay in the Premier League.

As previously revealed by Goal, Manchester United and Arsenal have also been monitoring the Belgian defender.

Were Atleti to cancel Alderweireld's purchase clause at Southampton only to immediately sell to City, it would mirror a similar deal from 2013 in which they bought Martin Demichelis from Malaga before selling him on to Pellegrini's side later that summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.