Today's shooting in America thread

I don't pretend to understand what is going on over there but I have a cousin who has lived in the states for over 10 years, I spoke to him for the first time in ages last week and asked him for his opinion on the gun control argument.

I have to admit that I was surprised by his comments, he was adament that the people he knows want guns because they are worried about the authorities more than the criminal element. He asked me to look on You tube at police brutality in the US to see what they are up against. In his opinion the US government would like strict gun control as it would give them much greater power over the people and this is why the public are so reluctant to give them up.

I'd never even considered this argument before, to be fair e doesn't own a gun nor does he have any inclination to do so but he said hat the majority of people he knows feel like they need a gun for their own protection. He lives about an hour away from Vegas and said the feeling has got even worse since the shootings last week.

@ChicagoBlue not been on yet? :-)
Haven’t seen anything about it. Boy gotta work!

Probably just some guy mad at his old boss, as usual! I’m sure we will also get the usual “he was a nice guy, but kept to himself. Can’t believe he could do this...”

If they catch him, I will actually be shocked! Usually, “suicide by cop” seems to be the preferred outcome.

Known a few people lose their shit with their bosses at work. One crazy **** keyed his bosses car in the Car park as he left work having been fired once. Mental.

Sad, unsurprising, and as we all know nothing will change, Sandy Hook ended any debate. Once your average American decided children being killed was an acceptable trade off for keeping their toys, that was the end.

Sad, unsurprising, and as we all know nothing will change, Sandy Hook ended any debate. Once your average American decided children being killed was an acceptable trade off for keeping their toys, that was the end.
I think you're wrong. Things will change. I've worked with lots of Americans, and they were pretty much in agreement after Sandy Hook. They agreed the legislation needed to change to loosen the gun controls, so that more people could defend themselves from people with guns.

Sounds like they're onto a winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.