Today's shooting in America thread

DXM4u4wUMAUvoIj.jpg
I am Donald Trump, and I approve of this message.

It reminds me of the Catholic church's attitude to condoms. To anyone without a religious dogma, it's obvious that condoms are the solution to HIV. But the Catholic church is so dogmatically opposed to them that they will literally blame anything else for HIV, be it the influence of modern movies and music, or a breakdown of traditional family values. Anything to deflect from the obvious solution. And every time one of these mass shootings happen, the gun nuts desperately scramble around for anything else to blame it on: mental health, violent video games, etc. Anything to deflect attention from the one thing that every reasonable person knows is the cause. I mean they literally treat the US constitution like a religious text. Being seen to criticise an aspect of the constitution in some circles is very similar to being accused of blasphemy. Also like their chosen religious text, they are often very selective about which bits they choose the emphasise and often see very few problems in trampling other bits that they don't give too much of a shit about.

Great post.

Did Donald run in unarmed to sort it all out?
Fwiw the man shot and killed himself.

MES this is a legit question. I've never seen you say one positive thing about living in America. Other expats do seem to find some or a lot of good. You have none. Why did you leave England? Or better yet, if the USA is so awful, why haven't you moved back to England?

How safe would this make you feel? There is loads of this behaviour on You Tube

Seems a reasonable response to a paranoid man who won't take his hand out of his pocket. I'd rather meet this cop than the one who shot the guy in the hotel.

But it's the age old argument, it was video nasties in the 80's and video games later. Studies have shown video games don't make people violent and other studies have shown society is less violent now, not more. We are subject to the same films, Internet and games as Americans but don't blast people away. Why is that I wonder?

Perhaps we dont have a "school shooting culture".

Fwiw the man shot and killed himself.

MES this is a legit question. I've never seen you say one positive thing about living in America. Other expats do seem to find some or a lot of good. You have none. Why did you leave England? Or better yet, if the USA is so awful, why haven't you moved back to England?
Forgive my memory lapse but can you give me two examples of where I have been negative about living in the States (gun control apart)?

Oh and I complained about many things when living in the UK too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.