Toddlers

My lad has recently discovered how to squeal. Mainly out of frustration, so when he can't do something like turn his car over or open a sealed laptop or something like this then he lets out an ear wrenching squeal that sounds like I've put him in the figure four leg lock or something.

Couldn't even get out of a Sharpshooter, the girl.

We've started taking him for a walk in the park with what can only adequately be described as a leash. But he walks like Liam Gallagher, bowling around with his City waistcoat hoodie thing on shouting "Oi" at passers by. It's great.

My youngest daughter is due to give birth to my first grandchild in 7 weeks. She's quite used to looking after kids, as she helped her mum (my late wife) who was a childminder for 23 years, and has also worked as a nanny for 3 or 4 years. She wants to become a Youth Worker, and sees her time looking after the baby/toddler as a time to get a professional qualification to help her in the future.
She knows that no baby comes with a workshop manual, and what to expect in terms of sleepless nights, sickness, etc. She knows all about naughty steps, how to control tantrums, bad behaviour, etc as defined by OFSTED, as she was registered by them when a nanny.
However, the big difference between your own and ones you are looking after, is that they're your responsibility 24/7, and you can't hand them back at 6:00pm. They're yours for many years.
Fortunately, she's got a dad and sister who will back her all the way (we must be bloody mad!), and, of course, the baby WILL be a blue!

My little lad is 3 and half and I cant complain hes been great. He's had a couple of epic meltdowns but I find ignoring him and denying his treats like toys calms him down and then he apologizes to us. Works a treat for me

Enjoy it all, the early years before they start school are exhausting but with hindsight are just really fantastic and precious. They grow up too quickly then you have the hard parenting bit, teenagers. Maybe not as physically run ragged, but omg they really are hard work emotionally.

They grow up too quickly then you have the hard parenting bit, teenagers. Maybe not as physically run ragged, but omg they really are hard work emotionally.

Yeah but when they're teenagers you can deck them for giving you shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.