Tom Dele-Bashiru

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by ColinLee, 20 Feb 2014.

1. ColinLee

ColinLee

This was posted 4 weeks ago by BlueDejong but since Sky have decided to re-run it :-

Is it just me or does something seem wrong with contracts and sponsors being discussed in the media for 14 year olds?

2. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Best suited? or most money?

We can only hope Dad is sincere.

3. BlueDejong

BlueDejong

He want to move ? Haha Rags ? Dippers ? We got a CFA......

4. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

A bit like the Isco fiasco,then.

5. yankcitizen76

yankcitizen76

Don't Worry. I'm not employed.
    Jeez. We can't even keep the ones we have under contract. How are we going to build a team on home growns if we cant
    even keep them.

6. CITYBOY1000

CITYBOY1000

If he's already thinking about playing contracts at 14 then he's moving on at some stage anyway. Usually a sign that they don't think they are going to make it to the top and so need to grab the money now just in case he gets found out at the higher levels.

Having tasted success with his mates at City and with all the plans we have, you'd expect a little more loyalty from him really as we have helped develop him.

Like Sturridge he will eventually either flop or sort himself out but he has to go on a journey first and we won't be a part of it sadly. He's not ready at this stage and thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.

7. ColinLee

ColinLee

To be fair I don't know how much of it is down to the lad or his father. I always see a red flag when the dads start talking about contracts and sponsorship deals for kids, perhaps he's seen how professionals use the media to get a better contract extension off their parent club. It's a horrible state of affairs but I suppose it's actually been around for a long time. We all know how Giggs was tempted away.

8. karen7

karen7

Manchester City risk losing highly-rated youngster Tom Dele-Bashiru (16) after contract talks broke down. [ESPN FC]
    Bandele Bashiru (Tom's father) to ESPN FC: "We are not happy with the way Tom has been treated in all this and I think it is disgusting."
    Bandele Bashiru: "Tom has shown he is one the best in his age group in the country & if City do not value him we're happy to go elsewhere."

9. Eds

Eds

History repeating itself? We have the best academy at the moment with the best facilities and education although if a player's dad isn't happy what can the club do

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes

The club knows better than his bloody dad. Jog him on.