Toni Kroos

Good point. It's harder to get rid of older players I presume. As sitting on the bench doesn't really hurt them as much as it would a younger player. Younger players trying to guarantee their national team aspirations are much more sensitive to being benched than a guy who'snational team time has passed, or who has retired from international football.

Many of them will be out of contract or close to being out of contract a year from now. Then they cost nothing, so are likely to get more high level clubs after them & can negotiate their own deals.

In the meantime they are at one of the best clubs in the world, managed by the best manager & being paid loads of money.

Many of them will be out of contract or close to being out of contract a year from now. Then they cost nothing, so are likely to get more high level clubs after them & can negotiate their own deals.

In the meantime they are at one of the best clubs in the world, managed by the best manager & being paid loads of money.

Yeah, it's not hard to see why some of them are reluctant to leave. I think though, as new signings arrive and the end of the window draws nearer, that things will come to a head.

Once you get to the stage where players are told they won't be included in either the CL or PL squad, then I think they'll move on. We'll either have to subsidise their wages or pay them off in some cases, but I don't think any player is likely to do a Winston Bogarde on us.

It'd be a lot harder to get a lucrative contract with a new club next year if you've been sat on your arse doing nothing for the last 12 months.

Yeah, it's not hard to see why some of them are reluctant to leave. I think though, as new signings arrive and the end of the window draws nearer, that things will come to a head.

Once you get to the stage where players are told they won't be included in either the CL or PL squad, then I think they'll move on. We'll either have to subsidise their wages or pay them off in some cases, but I don't think any player is likely to do a Winston Bogarde on us.

It'd be a lot harder to get a lucrative contract with a new club next year if you've been sat on your arse doing nothing for the last 12 months.
True. Hope you are right. Ice been more worried about the lack of going out. The in coming has been beyond impressive.

True. Hope you are right. Ice been more worried about the lack of going out. The in coming has been beyond impressive.

Has it really? If we manage to sign Stones, Sane and Jesus then I'd agree but it hasn't been spectacular thus far. Saying that, I'm very excited about Gundogan and have genuine quality in the centre of the park, he's been one of my favourite players for years!

Has it really? If we manage to sign Stones, Sane and Jesus then I'd agree but it hasn't been spectacular thus far. Saying that, I'm very excited about Gundogan and have genuine quality in the centre of the park, he's been one of my favourite players for years!
2 internationals already dusted. One of the best young Russian prospects dusted. And links to 2 of the best prospects in South America and 1 in Germany.

I'd say it's going spectacularly so far. Don't let the flapping and the daily lack of news fool you. Step back and look at what we've done and are doing.

And why was that borderline racist? Xenophobic perhaps. Racist? I don't know. Unless there is something I don't know about Danny Mills or Klinsman's heritage.

Granted, can't say I know much about either.

Klinsmann is a German, and Mills basically went on a rant about how a GERMAN (heavily stressed) should never be England manager because it would be unacceptable to have a German manage England purely based on the fact he is German.

Given mills only complaint was that Klinsmann was German not just that he was foreign, but that he was specifically German - that would be discriminating against him based on his race.

Ergo, borderline racist.

The weird thing is that he was so sure that the rest of the country would share his bizarre hatred of the German manager.

2 internationals already dusted. One of the best young Russian prospects dusted. And links to 2 of the best prospects in South America and 1 in Germany.

I'd say it's going spectacularly so far. Don't let the flapping and the daily lack of news fool you. Step back and look at what we've done and are doing.

The way I measure success this transfer window is based on our needs as a side. Gundogan is an important signing because we need that technical midfield players that willing to run and has that bite in midfield. Nolito is a good and useful signing but doesn't neccessarily fill a void in our team. Sterling, for how inconsistent as he can be, is just as productive as Nolito. In regards to Zinchenko, we really can't have much of an opinion on his signing as we know very little about him.

Now, we have an aging squad and I don't think we've addressed the real issues with our squad. We have yet to sign a full-back which should have been our first priority as all our full-backs are past 30 and, in the case of Kolarov and sadly Zaba, just not good enough. We have Fernandinho and Gundogan but we need another midfield option as there is no way Yaya will succeed in a role where he is asked to press constantly. We need to another RW because there is no way Jesus Navas should be making the most apperances for a team aiming to be Europe's best. Now, if we manage to bag Sane, Stones, Jesus, a full-back and potentially Kroos, I don't think there can be any doubt that this would have been our best window in years. However, at this point, we are someway off that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.