Our attendances

The club will count corporate customers as part of the overall attendance figures, all seats sold will be included in this figure, even if the people who bought the ticket do not attend eg season ticket holders who cannot attend for whatever reason.
We did used to count corporate matchday revenue as commercial rather than matchday income a few years ago but haven't done since then. The reason I mentioned corporate numbers being missed is that many of those don't have to click in therefore aren't registered at the turnstiles like us plebs are.

But they would surely have known how many corporate seats they'd sold.

Maybe a policy chnage, if they are counting corporate attenders as commercial revenue, maybe they are not now including them in the attendance (match day revenue), as per @Shaelumstash post above. This would equate roughly to the difference, as apart from a few missing away fans, the rest seemed as full as it ever does, though I did notice that quite a few boxes in the East stand didn't seem to have anyone in them, at least not in the seats outside. We'll see from the next game I guess.

I think we've included corporate tickets as commercial revenue over the last few years, but they've still counted towards the attendance figures.

It could be a change of policy as you say, to not include corporate tickets in the attendance this year, but I'm not sure that would be feasible? Every other club clearly includes corporates in their attendance, and we have up until Monday night.

I think what's more likely is that City's accounts department are responsible for calculating the attendance. Match day and corporate sales are accounted for separately, so when asked to provide a figure they've provided the match day figure and forgotten to add in the corporate attendance figure.

Anyone who's been to the ground over the last 2 years knows for absolute certain there was more than 49k there on Monday. There really isn't even a hint of doubt. It's a bit strange for people from the other side of the world watching on TV to come on here and pass comment. How would you know how full it was?

We did used to count corporate matchday revenue as commercial rather than matchday income a few years ago but haven't done since then. The reason I mentioned corporate numbers being missed is that many of those don't have to click in therefore aren't registered at the turnstiles like us plebs are.

But they would surely have known how many corporate seats they'd sold.
I thought it was counted from tickets sold though not turnstile clicks. That's why when s/c seats are left empty it's still a sellout / full attendance.

@Prestwich_Blue Agreed the corporate income would be classed as commercial income as opposed to ticketing income.
The club will sell a corporate package, which will include a match ticket and therefore that ticket will be counted as part of the overall attendance.
They will absolutely know how many packages have been sold, not only to provide for what is required to fulfill the customers purchase e.g. Food, lounge admittance etc but also to adhere to the ground capacity safety regulations.

I thought it was counted from tickets sold though not turnstile clicks. That's why when s/c seats are left empty it's still a sellout / full attendance.
It is but I was thinking that maybe City just used the wrong figure of turnstile clicks or actual tickets sold by them and missed out those distributed to third parties and used internally. Because there's no the slightest doubt that there were at least 54k in the ground on Monday night.

It is but I was thinking that maybe City just used the wrong figure of turnstile clicks or actual tickets sold by them and missed out those distributed to third parties and used internally. Because there's no the slightest doubt that there were at least 54k in the ground on Monday night.
Definitely was full, there does seem to be an increase in tickets sold for the season. Last season I bought tickets at the start of the season for 3 games and then picked up for other games through the season without any problem even the bigger games.
Did the same this summer had a look yesterday to decide on our next game and there are a lot less tickets left than there was this time last year. That's before some away teams return third tier tickets. If it is the case it should mean more season tickets get sold on the exchange which should mean less empty seats.

had a look yesterday to decide on our next game and there are a lot less tickets left than there was this time last year.
Interesting, I had to look at ticket for West Ham in December for my daughter (only game I have looked at), and I was very surprised how few there were left, in fact told her to get a hurry on, particularly as she wants 2 together, because it was largely only at the back of level 3 in the east and west that there were numbers together.

The game was pretty much sold out, then the ticket exchange tickets became available. They all sold and there was about 40 left at around 4pm before the game. I would imagine they got sold at the ticket office before the game so technically, we must have sold around 55K-56K tickets for this game (including season tickets being re-sold)

I know they wouldn't include resold tickets in the attendence figures but surley it should have been anounced as a sold out, full allocation attendence figure??

Something dodgey is going on

This is the reply I got from Supporter Services when I asked them what the attendance was:

"Unfortunately the official attendance of a match is not something the Club publish publicly and the one announced by third parties is based on ticket sales as opposed to entries on the day."

Generic garbage. We all know the attendance was 54k plus but they are willing to allow City fans to be ridiculed because they couldn't be bothered publishing the figures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.