Tony Coton

I agree that there was not much in it. Both very unfortunate not to gain more England caps.
Corrigan had clemence & shilton in front of him prob the best two keepers in the world at the time? Coton was better than any other english keeper but he played for us so end of eng chance

Great shot stopper, but his time was up irrespective of injury, once keepers were prevented from handling the ball from backpasses. (Like Liverpool when backpasses were limited to one at a time!)

Made Joe hart look like Maradona with his ball control.

Edit: speaking of Liverpool, George Courtney v Coton, most bent reffing ever.

Was at the Ipswich game when it was called off for the torrential downpour and do vaguely remember him losing the plot now.Funny how you forget little things over time although it might be due to the pints behind the kippax .Still irks me how he used to clap at if you hate Man Utd clap your hands ,then trollied of to that lot as soon as he could.As the book says though maybe it wasn't his doing .Maybe I can forgive and forget as he was one of my heroes at the time .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.