Tony Haygarth RIP

Sam Armstrong

Not noticed a thread on here and apologies if it's already been mentioned but have just found out that the actor, Tony Haygarth, passed away on Saturday.

Tony-Haygarth-562978.jpg

Always liked him as he seemed to play an almost non-stop series of really likeable characters. Sadly I'm not quite sure what he died of but I do know he'd been diagnosed with prostate cancer as well as Alzheimer's/vascular dementia.

Once read a fascinating article about him telling how his father had packed him and his mate, Geoffrey Hughes (Eddie Yeats/Onslow) off to London together to make their fortune!

Never a top-biller but a great supporting actor who will be sadly missed.

RIP Tony and thank you for your wonderful contribution.

Showing my age now but remember him in Rosie as PC Wilmot when I was a kid,use to enjoy that series never going to be a great star but very versatile actor.

He's been featuring in a few of the Likely Lads episodes that are being shown on the Yesterday channel at the moment. RIP Tony a fine actor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.