Tony Towers?

Tony is now in radcliffe. he comes in to my garage to have his car repaired.
Top guy doesn't talk much football but very pleasant.

Similar type of player to Michael Johnson. Most memorable moment for me was when he scored against Wolves (we won 5-2 in the most skilful game of football I've seen in the flesh). He hit a volley from about 35 yards, looked to be heading towards row Z then dipped at the last second. Bloke next to me screamed "What a fu*king waste.... fantastic goal!!!!"

I remember he scored the winning goal against Academica in a Cup Winners Cup tie. Wasn't the match delayed when Academica turned out in a all black kit, that clashed with the refs, and didn't have a change kit with them. Can't remember if City loaned them a change or the refs changed.

Once wrote to the club as a kid to ask for him to be dropped because I didn't rate him???? (What does an eight year old know) Got a letter back from Tony Book telling me politely that I was talking shit. I can see it now but oh the folly of youth.

For a well known poster I dont think Pidgeonho has been chastised enough.

TT was a great player, ECWC winner, solid,skilful and sold far to early -in that he went on to gain a couple of caps for England.

Mrs Pidgeonho needs to put a Gary James book on her Christmas Shopping list urgently.

goosed said:
I remember he scored the winning goal against Academica in a Cup Winners Cup tie. Wasn't the match delayed when Academica turned out in a all black kit, that clashed with the refs, and didn't have a change kit with them. Can't remember if City loaned them a change or the refs changed.

I can still remember going completely mental when that goal went in, it was the last minute of extra time after they'd spent both legs just packing men behind the ball and fouling. I do recall a fuss about their strip but I thought they ended up playing in a striped kit, could be wrong though.

goosed said:

Remember it well. Academica played in all black. City found white shirts for the ref and linesman.

The delay was caused by having to find someone to sew the referee's and linesmen's badges on the shirts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.