Too many guitarists, not enough piano players?

I fully agree with the OP.
We need a beast of a defensive midfielder to shield the back 4. Dinho is just not physically imposing enough and prone to diving in at times but he is the best we've got.
I would argue someone like Matic would benefit us over and above Pogba who is more offensively minded, but I guess Pogba could do the defensive stuff if asked to. Bit of a waste of his talents though..
Shame we let NDJ go.

I'm as excited as anyone about us being linked with Sterling, De Bruyne and Firminio. But do they adresss the biggest weaknesses in our squad from last season?

Creating chances wasn't a huge issue, yet of the 4 main players we are being linked with, 3 of them are creative players. Even Pogba (who I think would be a sensational buy) is more comfortable going forward than he is going backwards.

The main area of weakness last season was in central midfield. Yaya's legs are a year older, Milner's gone, Lampard's gone, Fernando is appalling, which leaves Fernandinho as the only centre midfielder currently in the squad who is capable of playing regularly to a high stadard in a 442.

As I said, Pogba would be an absolute dream signing, but I definitely feel we need at least one more player capable of playing box to box. Interested to know what other Blues think?

Is Delph Piano player ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.