Too Much Too Young

stonerblue

I said before we started in it that the UEFA Cup could be too much for us. There's a lot of matches to play and travelling to be done. We don't have the squad to do this and the Prem' league at the same time.
I'd prefer all our resources to be concentrated on the league until we have a big enough squad to play full strength teams in both competitions.

Whatdaya think..?

stonerblue said:
I said before we started in it that the UEFA Cup could be too much for us. There's a lot of matches to play and travelling to be done. We don't have the squad to do this and the Prem' league at the same time.
I'd prefer all our resources to be concentrated on the league until we have a big enough squad to play full strength teams in both competitions.

Whatdaya think..?

I think you need to pick up the experience somehow and I would say that now is the perfect time, after all if 2 years from now we are pushing for the title, do we want to be "learning Europe" as a club, or now when our realistic goal is lower?

I think it would certainly have been a disaster a few seasons ago if Fowler had scored that penalty.

It probably hasn't helped as Hughes hasn't been able to have as much time on the training pitch as he would have liked but I don't think it's done us any harm either. Some of the fringe players have got a game and it's been good experience for the others.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think it would certainly have been a disaster a few seasons ago if Fowler had scored that penalty.

It probably hasn't helped as Hughes hasn't been able to have as much time on the training pitch as he would have liked but I don't think it's done us any harm either. Some of the fringe players have got a game and it's been good experience for the others.

is fowler did score that goals who's to say we didnt improve by bringing in a better quality of player, obviously it could of been a disaster that could of seen us relegated.

probably not worth thinking about!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.