The battle for 3rd place

I think we have to beat Arsenal and United whilst ideally a draw at Chelsea would be great if we can get it.

Our run in is nothing short of what we could ask for in my opinion, we should be looking at maximum points.

I agree with this, to make sure of our own future we need to be looking at a very good run in from now. United have got that annoying ability to grind it out back with Mourinho, ignore that it is shocking footy it matters not if they pip us to it. Arse as frail as they are can put a run together and the dippers seem to have enough kloppisol to boost them to the end of the season. That is to say we can't even think of looking to anyone around us giving an inch. Arse and utd are obviously the big 2 games and then chelsea. However Chelsea v spurs and utd could have a big impact.

It is all very interesting though, i like it.

If there's one thing that was notable about the Liverpool home game it was the bottle shown by the players. I think you would have a point of you were talking about the Monaco away 1st half performance. I don't think that is typical
Besides Monaco 1st half? Yes Monaco 2nd half, Pepe was moaning about how he couldnt get his team to attack enough, or our record against the top 6? Or the constantly missed chances in front of goal, or losing 4-2 to Leicester when we have by far the better team? Or that we can play comfortably with Pep style agaiinst lower league teams but not the top 6, we usually bottle it, lose it, fuck it up. IMO it's a mind thing, the team need to believe they will win against these teams.

Liverpool yes agreed, I was pleased with them, imagine that performance against Leicester instead of our last performance against them

Besides Monaco 1st half? Yes Monaco 2nd half, Pepe was moaning about how he couldnt get his team to attack enough, or our record against the top 6? Or the constantly missed chances in front of goal, or losing 4-2 to Leicester when we have by far the better team? Or that we can play comfortably with Pep style agaiinst lower league teams but not the top 6, we usually bottle it, lose it, fuck it up. IMO it's a mind thing, the team need to believe they will win against these teams.

Liverpool yes agreed, I was pleased with them, imagine that performance against Leicester instead of our last performance against them
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were talking about commitment. What you'e talking about is the mentality of a winner who has total belief he will score. I see where you're coming from now. That maybe it. Not clear to me whether bad finishing is down to mentality or ability. There are players like Silva, Navas, Sterling who have never been good finishers. I don't know what the reason is. It probably is a question of composure in front of goal. Silva has all the ability in the world, but put him in front of goal and he goes to pieces.

We could do with getting known goalscorers like KDB back on track.

I agree with this, to make sure of our own future we need to be looking at a very good run in from now. United have got that annoying ability to grind it out back with Mourinho, ignore that it is shocking footy it matters not if they pip us to it. Arse as frail as they are can put a run together and the dippers seem to have enough kloppisol to boost them to the end of the season. That is to say we can't even think of looking to anyone around us giving an inch. Arse and utd are obviously the big 2 games and then chelsea. However Chelsea v spurs and utd could have a big impact.

It is all very interesting though, i like it.
I don't think Utd are in it because although they are difficult to beat, they don't score enough goals. Arsenal have quality but the unknown is what's going on behind the scenes. Liverpool couldn't score in open play against us, and only really had the one gilt edged chance which they missed. It was an open game, but given our midweek game, I thought they really should have done better and beaten us. I think a genuine top 4 team would have done.

The truth is only Chelsea are really good this season. Everyone else is a little bit short.

It's a pity Jesus got injured because when he came into the team, we were really looking strong.

Would love it if they did. Many of the better sides have been knocked out the last couple of rounds. Roma and Lyon being paired together certainly didn't help. Would pmsl if they lost to Lyon in the final on a winning goal by Depay
I bet Rojo & company would be instructed to do a "hatchet job" on Depay if they were to play each other.

United will finish out of the top 4 but they'll get CL football anyway through winning the Europa League

Liverpool's toughest remaining game won...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.